Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Keaton's Bamboozle Update

hey y'all!
i just recouperated from bamboozle, with a good 18 hour nap that was 3 days due. I actually did a 5 day extravaganza, doing the Long hair dont care tour on thursday, at the ICC in boston. It was really nice to see valencia play the icc again. ive loved watching them grow as a band over the past 2 or 3 years. i cannot wait until their new album drops, its really going to be incredible.
then on friday, i went to the official last The Recieving End of Sirens show, at Lupos in providence, with therefor i am, and envy on the coast. Guys, watchout for Therefor I Am, I am certain that there are big things in their future. Ive been seeing them live a lot lately, and i love it. I cannot handle being in the crowd, because its just too intense for me, even in the smallest of venues. Envy was amazing as they always are, and im seriously loving their new setlist, with the addition of X Amount of Truth, introducing Vultures. And TREOS, was just unreal. They played 21 songs, and then replayed planning a prison break at the end. I knew casey was going to be a part of the unofficial last show on may 5th, but had no clue he would be a part of this show, and my jaw literally fell from the balcony down to the floor when he hopped out onstage. Knowing that i would see them on sunday and monday, my emotions were still at an all time high.
Saturday was day 1 of bamboozle. I worked the AP tent, so maybe you saw me there.the best bands i saw on saturday were Dr Manhattan, who finally put on a set that sounded as good as their cd, if not better, Tokio Hotel, who i saw for kicks, just because theyve been european teen sensations for a year, The Pink Spiders, who also finally put on a really good set, and SNOOP! SNOOP IS THE MAN. STRAIGHT UP!
Sunday was definetely the better of the 2 days. I got to see lauren for a bit which was more than a treat, and put some of our ~*boozle editions~* on the photo finish table. I was sidestage for all the bands i saw, and it was fabulous. The dear hunter blew me away, as did you me and everyone we know, four year strong, and paper rival. Treos' set was by far the most touching. There were grow, hardcore men tearing up. It was heartwrenching.
This year was my first bamboozle and it was simply mindblowing. It made me want to go on a tour so badly! Speaking of which, next summer, my best friends and i have decided to get a booth on warped where we want YOU to tell us your craziest stories from going to shows, from roadtripping to stage diving, and we'll take the best of the best to put in a book we'll get published.
ok ok, my blog is coming to an end. On monday, i went to the unofficial last treos show, featuring Shit the Tights (hit the lights), Trannys In Asia (therefor i am) and The Red Eye of Solomon (the recieveing end of sirens). It was bitter sweet, because everyone was so happy to see this band play with all of their might, but knowing it would be the last time was hard to handle.

to check out pictures from all of these shows, go to future-breed.com, my friend Dan's photography site. He's been featured in AP and National Geographic, and is the man!

3 comments:

Liviania said...

I envy you for seeing Tokio Hotel.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I wish I saw Tokio Hotel too...but YES, Sunday was a blast. LOVED spending some time with you too. Freakin' Sweet, even though I'm jealous you were side stage..I saw you, up there, rocking out! LOL
That book idea sounds FAB. Love it.

-Lauren

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I wish I saw Tokio Hotel too...but YES, Sunday was a blast. LOVED spending some time with you too. Freakin' Sweet, even though I'm jealous you were side stage..I saw you, up there, rocking out! LOL
That book idea sounds FAB. Love it.

-Lauren