Thursday, August 7, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: My First One!

Are there any particular worlds in books where you’d like to live?

Or where you certainly would NOT want to live?

What about authors? If you were a character, who would you trust to write your life?

(This came to me when reviewing a Jonathan Carroll book - I’m not sure I’d like to live in the worlds of his books.)

Okay, so I've never done this before and this is the first Meme I've ever answered on my blog, but I've seen different ones around and thought it might be fun. So here we go!

Are there any particular worlds in books where you'd like to live?

I don't read a ton of books where the author comes up with their own world, but it would be a lot of fun to be in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I just want to go to Hogwarts quite honestly and be able to experience the boarding school experience...but with magic!

Or where you'd certainly not want to live?

I've read The Hobbit and tried to read some of the first in the Lord of the Rings trilogy...never finished. But basically, I don't see myself ever ever EVER wanting to live in Middle Earth. Definitely a bit too olden days/boring for me. Sorry all you LOTR lovers!

If you were a character, who would you trust to write your life?

Hmm...I guess different authors would be good for different things. J.K. Rowling would be sure to give me tons of adventures with my friends, John Green would just be awesome, and Maureen Johnson would be full of funny experiences and if I had quite as much wit, that would be nice!

So, those are my answers. What are your thoughts? Let me know if you filled this out too and I'll try to read!



Lenore said...

I sure wouldn't want to live in any of the dystopias I so love to read about...

But it would be fun to "jump into" books for a little mini-vacation as long as you couldn't get hurt.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Lenore: Oh no, I don't think that would be a very good time.

I so agree. I would love to jump into books. You know, that would make a great book should run with that idea! :)


Alix said...

Yes I'd love to go to or teach at Hogwarts!

I chose Lyra's world though from His Dark Materials as I want to know what my daemon looks like :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Alix: Agreed for sure. Teaching there would be mega fun as well, but I'd love to go there...and THEN teach.

I have never read those books, but hmm...sounds interesting! :-)


Smilingsal said...

I think you're making the question more fun than was intended. We are not visiting; we are living in this new world. That might change you answer.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

smilingsal: Are you talking to me....or someone else? Sorry, I wasn't really sure. As for me, I wouldn't change my answer for living there...I mean, it's essentially a world inside the normal it's not like a whole, brand new place...that might not a be harder to answer if I was thinking of some place like that, because I agree with what you said. :)


Julie said...

Great post, I'd like to visit Hogwarts, too, just for the wonderful feasts they eat every day lol.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Julie: Thank you, and oh gosh! The food! That would definitely be amazing.


Alea said...

I'd never ever want to live in middle earth. I could barely get through the 1st movie let alone the rest of them or the books! No way!!! I don't see the appeal, it was close to torture in my opinion.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Alea: I saw all the movies and they were fine..I really liked the first one, but I agree that it really isn't my thing and the books: no WAY could i read them.