Sunday, August 3, 2008

Movie Review: Swing Vote

Swing Vote
Out: Now
Review by: Lauren

Before I went and enjoyed myself at the Breaking Dawn midnight party, I went and saw the movie Swing Vote. I'm not the best person to ask to describe things...especially when it comes to movies, so if you don't know what this movie is about already then please go here to learn more.

Now, what did I think? I went and saw the movie more for my sister then anything else. I'd seen previews and thought that it looked good, but I'm not the most political person and wasn't sure how much I was going to enjoy the story...especially since it was about two hours long.

However, I ended up enjoying Swing Vote much more then I thought I would. It had an interesting premise, was amusing, and definitely thought-provoking. Lead Kevin Costner did an exceptional job as Bud, who must decide in only a couple weeks time who should be the next president of the United States. Bud was never intersted in politics and it took him awhile to see past the bribes and really figure out what he wanted and what the people of America wanted. He was also highly amusing throughout, adding some of the comic relief!

Starring as Bud's daugther Molly, we had fairly newcome Madeline Carrol. I have to rave about this girl. Her portrayol of Molly was funny, emotional, and highly skilled for her young age. This was definitely important in Swing Vote because Bud's daughter taked more care of him then he takes care of her, and has had to grow up much faster then a lot of her peers. Even though she hates the way Bud is sometimes, her love and care for him is clearly shown and you can't help but want to hug this girl, and shake Bud, at many points during this film. Regardless, their bond is strong and you root for a happy equal measure as the election in the film.

No comments: