Thursday, October 16, 2008

Review: The Society of S



The Society of S
By: Susan Hubbard
Review: Lauren


Ariella is a young girl, growing up alongside a highly smart yet standoffish, father. As she begins to learn more about the life outside her home, she realizes that there is a lot of danger that nobody ever told her about. As she gains a friend, they realize that her father might not be quite who he seems to be...and are vampires even real? Ariella begins to find the answers to some questions, but must go on a search to find the mother she never knew to gather them all.

The Society of S is an amazing novel that I would highly recommend. It's more then just a paranormal tale and is not to be taken as light reading. Susan Hubbard wrote an engaging, intellectual tale that is sure to please many who are looking for a thought-provoking read.






-I'm so sorry this took forever for me to review! I've been trying to keep updating with things, but the reviews have been lacking because of school and having to write for other places besides my blog.
I should have a couple more reviews in the near future (one I already finished and the other I am close to finishing) but after that, there might be a slight pause in them...but I'll keep posting about other things...even books!

9 comments:

pepsivanilla said...

Sounds like a great book, I'll have to look up some more info on it!

M. Brown said...

I just finished the second book, The Year of Disappearances, and loved it. Now I want to read The Society of S. Thanx for the great review.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

pepsivanilla: You definitely should. It's very good.

m. brown: If you liked the second (though I haven't read it yet) you should check out the first. :)

Thanks for the comments.

-Lauren

Diana Dang said...

Too many vampire novels these days, lol. But from the cover it does seem like a really promising story.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

diana dang: I know what you mean. It's a growing trend and there are a lot, but this one is very different then your average vampire novel for sure!

-Lauren

Steph said...

Not sure if this is up my alley, but I for some reason really like the cover. Reminds you of Zorro.

Steph

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Steph: I LOVE the cover. The one I have is different, but both are still really nice.
This would be my favorite version of it however.

-Lauren

jenclair said...

I'm going to be looking for The Year of Disappearances! I enjoyed The Society of S.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

jenclair: Awesome! I want to read on as well...only problem with reviewing books..hard to get to the sequels fast enough!

-lauren