Monday, November 10, 2008

Contest: The American Journey of Barack Obama




The American Journey of Barack Obama covers the candidate from his childhood and adolescence to his time as editor of The Harvard Law Review and his Chicago activist years, culminating with the excitement and fervor of the historic 2008 Democratic National Convention. The unfolding drama of Obama's life and political career is cinematic in scope, and never has it been presented so compellingly.

In addition to a powerful array of photographs that were taken by many of the country's greatest photographers (and some that were snapped, in the quiet moments, by Obama family members themselves), this book also includes a Foreword by Senator Edward M. Kennedy, an incisive narrative biography and original essays by some of our finest writers, including Gay Talese, Charles Johnson, Melissa Fay Greene, Andrei Codrescu, Fay Weldon, Richard Norton Smith, Bob Greene and several others. Many readers will find a new understanding of Obama. All readers will feel that they are bearing witness to a singular, undeniably American story.



Courtesy of Hachette, I'm giving away ONE copy of this book.

Eligible: Since it's coming from Hachette, this is ONLY open to those in the US and Canada, and you CANNOT have a P.O. Box. Actual addresses only.

Deadline: November 30

23 comments:

Chelsea said...

Do we just comment here? It looks good!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Chelsea: Yep, that's all you do!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No need to enter me, guys (I'm an evil PO Box holder, anyway). I'm just dropping in to say thanks for the e-mail and I've got this posted at Win a Book.

Anonymous said...

Obama looking finnnne, is it weird I think he's good looking. As well as JFK and Bill Clinton. Yes I know, there IS something wrong with me.

ChristyJan said...

Sounds like an interesting read. Please enter me.

hawkes(at)citlink.net

Stephanie Kuehnert said...

You pegged me right on this one, Lauren, please do enter me!

Colleen said...

I'm so happy about our new President, and would love to read and own this book. Thanks!

Danyelle said...

I'm so excited for President Obama's term to begin - I can't wait!

Enter me!

harmonybookreviews said...

Enter me!

Judy said...

Sounds like an interesting read; I would love to be able to learn about our new president. Count me in.

chibikagome7 at yahoo dot com

Yan said...

I would absolutely love to read this book!

ylin.0621[at]yahoo.com

Jessa said...

A bit more information on a man that fascinates me? I can't wait for January 20th either. Count me in!

Domestic Goddess said...


Pick Me! Pick Me! I would love to win a book.

This book sounds like an awesome read!

It's very kind of you to offer such a great giveaway.


Count me in too please.


Thanks
Tammy OHagan
tammyohagan ~~~ AT ~~~ westco ~~~ DOT ~~~ net

Anonymous said...

hey lauren!! i need you to enter a few people for me. they are:
Craig Mauk
Rob Deger
Jason Schoomaker
Heather Dempsey

Thanks!
Kari

P.S. I don't have their e-mail but if they win i'll let them know.

kerri69 said...

i would love a chance to read this great book it seems

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge Obama fan and this was the first election I got to vote in! Enter me!
rufsa@collegedaleacademy.com

skyefairy said...

enter me, please :) :) :)

LdyLopes2002 said...

I read all the time, but I love pictorials that document someone's life. It adds something that the written word can't always have.

danie88 said...

enter me in the contest please!

datwater88 @ hotmail.com

Wendy aka Misswendiki said...

I'd love to learn more about our next president!

LazyDaisy0413 said...

I'd love to read this book about Obama. Please enter me. Thanks.

herblady said...

I really want to learn more about our next president. Please include me in the draw!

hrbeck_98 (at) yahoo.com

Paradox said...

I'd like to learn more about Obama, so please enter me!