Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Review: Murder 101



Murder 101
By: K.B. Malewich
Review by: Lauren


Students are being killed, and nobody is quite sure how to go about finding the killer. Enter Candid, Echo, and their parents. The family work by going under cover and helping solve various cases that are a mystery to the local forces. For this one, the two teens are sent to the school where the girls have been killed, trying to find out any clues about what is happening, who will be next, and how to stop this before one of them end up as the victims.

Murder 101 has a great premise and when I first started reading it, it really reminded me of The Hangman's Curse with a family going undercover at a school to figure out a mystery. The book is a quick, fast read with a mystery that I didn't figure out beforehand, which is always a plus. The only real complaint I had about the book is that it seems to not be edited that well. I've read many ARC's (advanced reader copies) and am used to reading over mistakes. However, this book wasn't labeled as and ARC and it had more mistakes then normal ARC's do. After awhile, you do get used too it and can look past it to find a fun story, but it's a slight frustration at first.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm always up for a good mystery!
Crazy awesome review!

J. Kaye Oldner said...

Actually, it sounds great. Typos don't bother me whatsoever. The only editing I have an issue with is if the story drags on and on and on. If it's tight, I can sail through those typos. :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Amanda: Why thank you, and I definitely love some mystery as well!

J. Kaye: You might like this one then! It's definitely a quick read.

-Lauren