Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Movie Trailers: Animation

I hope to do this more often, but we'll see how it goes and whether or not people like to watch the trailers that are posted. Today's trailers are for two movies that are animated!

The Tale of Despereaux

"He named it Fluffy"

Seriously, how cute does this movie look? I always love the movies with animated mice, such as Stuart Little. Call me crazy, but they are just TOO adorable! I think this looks like a fun film that people of all ages could enjoy. It even has a great message, as most animated films do...Be Brave.
Trailer-wise, I love the discussion with the teacher or principal speaking to Despereuax's parents.


"You probably think this world is a dream come true...but you're wrong"

I have yet to read the actual book Coraline, but I've wanted too and hopefully can before seeing this film...if not, then definitely after it. This movie is directed by the same person that directed The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is pretty evident in the feel of the film. Yes, this is an animated film as well, but just like Nightmare, it's aimed towards the teen and up crowd in a lot of ways!

DISCUSS: Like the new feature? Planning on seeing this films?


Alea said...

I like trailers! Coraline I might see on dvd, not sure about The Tale of Despereaux.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Alea: Me too!! One of my favorite parts about GOING to the movies. haha


towerofbooks said...

Great trailers. I've read and enjoyed both books, so I want to watch both movies, but who knows when I actually will.

Alea said...

YES! Back in the day I would have seen all the trailers already cause i wanted them online but these days i see a lot for the first time in the theatre!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

towerofbooks: I love the trailers. I think they really grab you in and make you WANT to see the films. I hope you get to see at least one of them soon after it's released. Glad you liked the books though!!

Alea: It's the best way to go! That's how I first saw these two.


TruBlu93 said...

I remember reading The Tale of Despereaux a few years back. It was really good, but I'm not soo sure about the movie.


Shooting Stars Mag said...

TruBlu: I haven't read the book, so I don't really even know much about it. The movie looks cute though. If you see it, I hope you like it!


*Heather* said...

I'm definitely going to see Coraline, but it doesn't look as creepy as the book. Which I guess is good and bad. Because the book was really creepy back when I read it in middle school.

And the Tale of Despereaux looks so good. I love that book!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Heather: I still really want to read the book, but I get what you mean..if it's not AS creepy, it can be a good and bad thing. I think the idea of making her eyes buttons is freaky, especially for a younger audience! lol


Alea said...

Oh my gosh is that Teri Hatcher's voice in Coraline- LOL! I remember the first time I saw Nightmare Before Christmas it totally creeped me out!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Alea: I have no clue! And I don't remember the first time I saw Nightmare. I think I enjoy it more now then I used too...though I'm still not a HUGE fan. I love the music from it though.