Saturday, January 17, 2009

Interview with Drew Seeley (Another Cinderella Story)

Drew Seeley Pictures, Images and Photos

This week I had the pleasure of joining in a conference call with actor Drew Seeley, who also sings and dances. In the past he's worked with High School Musical, but nowadays he's recording his own album and can be seen in Another Cinderella Story with Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place). To catch the movie (and I think it looks cute and will be watching!) be sure to have ABC Family on at 8 P.M. EST Sunday (TOMORROW) night. If you miss it, simply look out for a re-run.

Lauren:I was wondering, well, the Hillary Duff movie was A Cinderella Story, and this one is Another Cinderella Story, which kind of basically helps people right away know what it’s going to be about, but if you had to kind of come up with another title instead of something so obvious what would you kind of refer to it as?

D. Seeley:Cinderella Story II, I don’t know. I mean, you know what I’m saying? I don’t know. I think it’s a good title, Another Cinderella Story, because A Cinderella Story, the Chad Michael Murray/Hillary Duff version wasn’t the first one either. There have been probably 50 Cinderella stories in the last….

Lauren:Right.

D. Seeley: So maybe there is a more creative title, but I can’t think of one right now. I just really don’t think that anybody that tunes in and just expects it to be the same as the last one or the last couple ones that we’ve seen is going to get that. I really think that we did something different with it that I’m proud of.

Lauren:Definitely. I just thought I’d see if there was anything else that you kind of refer to it as.

D. Seeley:Cinderella, One More Dance.

Another Cinderella Story Pictures, Images and Photos

Lauren: That works. I was also wondering, since you worked … with Selena … if you would ever be willing to be a guest star on her show, The Wizards of Waverly Place, or--?

D. Seeley:Yes, of course. That’d be a lot of fun. I would definitely be down for that. After I did the High School Musical concert tour, I was a guest star on Ashley’s show. I did the Suite Life, and that was really a lot of fun, so yes. Tell somebody to give me a buzz, and we’ll make it happen.

Lauren:That would be cool. Yes. I’m sure a lot of people, after seeing the movie, would find that a lot of fun. Also, I was wondering, since you’ve worked with like the singers and actors for High School Musical and Selena and everything, they all kind of have the pop sound. I was wondering if there was any kind of music that you like that was a total different genre that might surprise people.

D. Seeley:I’m a big fan of a lot of … like Hall & Oates and Phil Collins and The Police and that kind of thing, so I don’t know how many readers are familiar with a lot of those bands, but I get a lot of inspiration from that kind of stuff.

Lauren: Since you are very interested in dance music and acting, I was wondering if they remade a musical into a movie, even if it’s one that’s already been done before, which one would you like to be in?

D. Seeley:Singing In The Rain. I mean, you can’t be better than the original in that, so you’re destined to say Gene Kelly right there, but that would be a lot of fun. I mean, there have been a lot of musicals that would be a lot of fun. I know Footloose is being remade, so hopefully I’ll have some – you know, I hope that I can be involved in some way in that. That would be a lot of fun, so who knows.

Lauren:Definitely. Yes. I’m really big on musicals, so that would definitely be cool.




There you go! Now, these are only the questions that I personally asked Drew, but other people were in the conference asking questions as well, so if you want to read the whole transcript, leave a comment here telling me that and be sure to include your email and I'll send it your way. You'll even get to see how many times I said the word "like" in my first question!! hahah

18 comments:

Lenore said...

What a cool interview!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Great interview! Singing in the Rain is wonderful-I love that movie.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Lenore: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! It was definitely a lot of fun.

Sarah: Thanks! I've seen bits of it, but I like musicals in general. :)

-Lauren

TruBlu93 said...

I bet it must have been amazing to interview him. I would have been totally nervous.

danie88 said...

That is so cool Lauren and the guy has a great voice! Doesn't look half bad either lol :D

Bookworm said...

Wow that's so cool you interviewed him! I would've been really starstruck...LOL

Shooting Stars Mag said...

TruBlu: It was great, but I was a bit nervous at first because I'm not used to this kind of thing...it got a bit easier as I talked.

Dani: hahah true true, he really doesn't! And I agree, I do like his voice a ton.

Bookworm: It's a bit easier over the phone, I would imagine, but it was odd. :)

Don't forget to watch the movie tonight!!!

-Lauren

Justagirl said...

I want to read the whole manuscript!
:D

Can you e-mail it to me at 007anonblogger@gmail.com

oh and can you check out my blog at

http://justagirl007-anon.blogspot.com

TheBookworm said...

My sibs and I just got done watching Another Cinderella Story on ABC Family. I thought it was better than A Cinderella Story with Hillary Duff.

It was actually quite funny in many different parts and I could see myself watching it again sometime.

I love reading all your different interviews. Their always for people that I wouldn't normally know or hear about, but I wish I did after reading your posts. :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

JustaGirl: I'll send it off in a second!!!

TheBookworm: I'm glad you watched it. I really enjoyed the movie as well, and I agree that it's better then the Hilary movie.
It really was a funny film at parts, and I always love any kind of dance movie so that was exciting.

Aw, thanks so much! It really means a lot. I'm really glad you like the various interviews and learn more new people. :)

-Lauren

Liviania said...

Cool interview! And I know those bands he named - I've even seen The Police in concert.

Hillary said...

I just watched this yesterday. It was awesome. I always love movies with dancing. I can't do it, but it's fun to watch other people!

Awesome interview!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Livinia: Thanks, and have you? That's cool. I knew who they all were as well, though I don't really listen to them.

Hillary: Thank you!! And I agree. Dance movies are always fun to watch, because I just WISH I could dance. I'm glad you liked the movie though. I did as well.

-Lauren

Mitzy said...

mmm watched the movie yesterday - he's yummy! Definitely what I expected out of a movie shown on ABC Family, but I LOVE those types of movies! Cliche, but great ;-)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Mitzy: I know what you mean....everything always works out how you think, but they are fun to watch!! I'm glad you liked it.

-lauren

Erin said...

Ooh, I'd like to see the transcript, if it's not too much trouble. mimagirl(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who enjoys to try unused things. Right now I'm fabricating my private solar panels. I'm doing it all alone without the help of my staff. I'm utilizing the net as the only path to acheive that. I came across a very amazing website which explains how to build pv panels and wind generators. The site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I am not exactly sure about how correct the data given there iz. If some guys over here who have experience with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the site it would be great and I'd really appreciate it, cauze I extremely lav [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. U people are the best.

Anonymous said...

My first test blog.
my first test blog
[url=http://tboardu.blog.hr] my first test blog [/url]