Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday Thinker, New Year, Foreign Fun!

Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos

Happy New Year! I hope 2009 will be an amazing year for everyone. I have a lot of things to post in the coming days, so hopefully those will be up soon. Two book reviews (including one for The Debs, finally!!), the announcement of the prize pack winners, hopefully three movie reviews, and some more.

However, I wanted to post a couple things right now and figured I'd put it all in one post to save some room. First off, don't forget the auctions. Charlie ends tonight and Alive and Well in Prague, New York ends on Monday (I believe!). More to come in the month of January.

Also this month is my Have a Happy New Year "party." I'll have some interviews, contests, etc from authors who have book releases this month to kick the new year off right! Don't forget to keep checking back so you don't miss out on fun things to come.

I also wanted to remind everyone (again, since it was in a previous post) that I have a new blog, a "sister site" if you will, called Bridge the Gap about entertainment that is NOT American. You'll find a lot of the same things on here over there, but of course, all foreign. I'd love for you to keep checking back and give your thoughts. If you are from another country, feel free to send me your ideas of movies, music, books, and more!

A link to that is on the right hand sidebar under Promotion. If you are a foreign and have something you want me to promote, that link works for you too!


Alright...I think that's about it. To wrap things up, here is your next Thursday Thinker.

Promotional Items. For all the authors, how do you come up with your promo items? If you could have any kind of promotional item for your book, what would it be and why?
For everyone else, what promo items would you love to see authors use? What have you already seen that you enjoy?


I personally love when authors have something a bit different. For example, Stephanie Kuehnert had guitar picks for I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone and Wendy Toliver had little lotions for The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren. So cute!

6 comments:

Alea said...

For promo items, I'm all about pins!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Alea: Pins are pretty cool and you can put them on various things. I used to wear some on a purse I had, but when they started falling off, I quit that. It looks cool though!

-Lauren

Alea said...

I'd do that too and then they would get rained or snowed on and the picture would sometimes run or mold. I also like wearing them on my jacket collar. I have a fun little collection of pins!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Alea: oh yes, the weather wouldn't help much, I would imagine.

I always think it's cute to see people wearing buttons on their collar. :)

Lauren

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

This past summer, I got some promo items for our summer reading program at the library. One of m favorite was a sleep mask that was for Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson.

Pins are also very cool and fun to hand out.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Sarah: Oh, a sleep mask would be cool! I got one of those in a contest for the novel Sleepless. I love when there are different items like that.

-lauren