Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday Thinker: Where Do You Post?

thinking pooh Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday Thinker: Who do you review for? Where do you post your reviews?

I know a lot of people have blogs where they post book reviews now, but do you post them on other sites as well? Do you review books for other sites where you don't cross-promote them to your blog, or maybe you don't have a blog? Let me know!

As for me, I review books here on the blog for the most part. Every now and then I will review something for Teens Read Too, but I always post it on the blog as well, stating that it was for TRT.
However, I do review books for something else that most of you (if any of you) probably don't know about. I review two books EVERY month for Romantic Times Magazine. In fact, I just got two in the mail today and my reviews will be due on February 2.

I can't post these on my blog, so the way to see them is read the magazine or the website (I think they are enventually posted on the website, but I'm not 100 percent sure). Anyway, it's a lot of fun and I get to read books I might not normally get too. The downside is that there are two books I have to review in a CERTAIN time and that's hard enough as it is and I can't post it here, so things tend to slow down near the end of the month's when it comes to book reviews...if anyone has noticed.

Well, I decided to keep track of ALL the books I read during 2009, no matter what they are for, so if you go down the left hand side, you'll see my list: two books posted so far. As I read for Romantic Times and other things, I'll add the name of the book...so if you have a question about it, simply let me know!

17 comments:

Alea said...

That is so cool! That's too bad you can't post them on your blog too!

I post most all of my reviews on my blog, LibraryThing, GoodReads, and Amazon!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I review on my blog and for TeensReadToo.com as well. I'll post either links to my reviews at TRT or I'll use my review from TRT, but add additional comments, so it's not just a copy and paste review. I'd like to post my reviews in more places, but right now I'm just too busy to pick up any other place to review or go about posting my reviews in other spots. Someday, though:)

The Romantic Times thing is very cool!

Diana Dang said...

I review monthly for PulseIt for sure. Bookdivas, I review whenever I am able to get a new book and try my best to do it within the month I was given. I also review for Hachette Book Group but it's more of my own pace.

Supposedly I'm on the list for Del Rey Manga but I haven't received anything to review yet and sometimes I review for Viz.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Alea: I know, I wish I could...but it's something totally seperate and not just online, so I figure I wouldn't be able too.

Wow, you post them on a lot of places! I try and post some on Amazon when I remember.

Sarah: I know what you mean. Like I told Alea, I wish I remembered too or had the time too post all my reviews on Amazon. I like getting the word out as much as I can!

Thanks. :)

Diana: Nice, I like that you review for various other things...instead of the norm. I hope you get some stuff for review from Del Rey Manga!!

-Lauren

Liviania said...

Yay, I'm glad you're keeping track of your books too!

I post my reviews on Amazon as well, and I also review for http://goodbadandunread.com.

Shalonda said...

2 books? You got me beat!

Holly said...

Come by my blog, I have an award for you!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Livinia: I'll have to check out that site. Never heard of it. And yeah, I've never counted for a whole year, so I wanted to try!

Shalonda: LOL I'm sure you'll bypass me soon. :)

Holly: Aw, really?? Sure thing!

-Lauren

Bookworm said...

I post just for myself, I guess, on my blog. And I'm going to start on Amazon.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Bookworm: That's cool, blogs work great. Thanks for sharing.

-Lauren

Hayden Thorne said...

The YA books I read, I post reviews for at I'm Here. I'm Queer. What the Hell Do I Read? For adult historical GLBT fiction, I'm an "official" reviewer at Speak Its Name.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Hayden: Thanks for sharing. I know the first blog (great site!), but I'll have to look into the other one. :)

-Lauren

Brooke Reviews said...

I post my reviews on my myspace http://www.myspace.com/brookereviews
and will soon be posting them on my blogger account. :) I also post them on Amazon.

Lenore said...

I post my reviews on my blog, on LibraryThing (usually) and on amazon (sometimes).

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Brooke: Sweet! Be sure and let me know when you start posting on blogger. :)

Lenore: Nice! I tried to post some reviews on Goodreads a little while back, now that I remember, but I always forget. haha

-Lauren

Nymeth said...

I post mine on my blog, and if the book is for a challenge and there's a group blog, I'll cross-post them there too. I also sometimes link to them on librarything.

Alea said...

When reviewing books I have a checklist to make sure I put my reviews everywhere i want. It doesn't get the final check until it's all done lol, I would not remember without it!