Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wish-List Wednesday

Ghost Huntress Book 1: The Awakening by Marley Gibson

The first in a trilogy. Get out your tape recorders, crystals, and extra batteries— you’re about to go where our world meets the spirit world.

Psychic Kids, Paranormal State, Haunting Evidence—these and countless other television shows are making believers out of millions of people: Ghosts exist, and they’re living right beside us. For centuries, individuals have been trying to prove the existence of ghosts. But without hard evidence, it’s been difficult to make the case. But now as science and technology have progressed, ghost hunters have been able to use scientific means, along with more traditional psychic tools, to make their case. Photographs, video recordings, and sound recordings are all producing some amazing results. In this new series, Ghost Huntress, meet Kendall Moorehead, a seemingly typical teen. When her family moves from Chicago to the small historical town of Radisson, Georgia, her psychic abilities awaken. She’s hearing, feeling, and seeing things that seem unbelievable at first, but with the help of the town psychic, Kendall is able to come to terms with her newly emerging gift. So, together with her new BFF, Celia, Kendall forms a ghost hunting team. They’ve got all the latest technology. They’ve got Kendall for their psychic. Now they’re going to clean up Radisson of its less savory spirits. The story is fiction. The science is real. Welcome to a new reality.

I think this book sounds like a lot of fun. I don’t regularly watch shows such as Paranormal State, but I have before and they are quite intriguing. I can’t wait to read this book, and it’s awesome that it will be a trilogy. Due out: May 4 (My Birthday Month!)

Ghost Huntress Website

Twilight Perfume

Apparently there is some “scandal” about this perfume being based off another that is already out…but whatever, I still think it’s super cute and would love to own a bottle and try it out.

As of now, you can buy it at Hot Topic or Torrid.

Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk

“Begins here first account of operative me, agent number 67 on arrival midwestern American airport greater _____ area. Flight _____. Date _____. Priority mission top success to complete. Code name: Operation Havoc.”

Thus speaks Pygmy, one of a handful of young adults from a totalitarian state sent to the United States, disguised as exchange students, to live with typical American families and blend in, all the while planning an unspecified act of massive terrorism. Palahniuk depicts Midwestern life through the eyes of this thoroughly indoctrinated little killer, who hates us with a passion, in this cunning double-edged satire of an American xenophobia that might, in fact, be completely justified. For Pygmy and his fellow operatives are cooking up something big, something truly awful, that will bring this big dumb country and its fat dumb inhabitants to their knees.

It's a comedy.

If you know anything about Chuck Palahniuk, the summary of this novel should not surprise you. After all, he’s written books such as Fight Club and Choke (both made into films). Anyway, I’ve read a lot of Chuck’s work and I’m very interested by his latest. I can’t wait for the release. I wish I had a copy now! Due out: May 5 (Again, my birthday month!!)

I have a Wish-List up for Bridge the Gap as well where all the items are foreign. Check it out and leave your thoughts!


GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Great picks this week! And how cute is that bottle for the Twilght perfume? I love it!

May is my birthday month too and I like to think of all the books that are released in May as my special birthday presents. :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Sarah: Thanks! I know, right? It's so adorable.

Me too. And May is looking good this year. :-)


Bookgeek said...

Ooh, both books look great.

Darling Diva said...

wow!! you have great selections this week. I really enjoy this feature because it is informing me of all these up and coming books that I now want to read.In fact my selection choice is not due for months or possibly next year.

The Ghost Huntress looks really good and now I am interested in the Twilight Perfume....hmmm...if I wear it will I attract Edward??? or Jacob??? LOL

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Bookgeek: I know, right?? So pumped!

Diva: Aw, thanks. I'm glad you like the feature and items. I know what you mean about the books though. I want so many, but I have to sad.

I'm definitely stoked for Ghost Huntress. Looks fun and different.

hahaha who knows?! it just might!!