Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Mailbox....I'm Turning Into Alea!

Alright, it's way too much to post the book covers and summaries for this week and I want to get it up tonight, but here is the list of what I got this week. Check out Bridge the Gap for the four foreign novels I recieved. This is seriously one of the BEST. WEEKS. EVER! I don't normally get so many novels...let alone really great sounding ones, so it was shocking, but I was so amazed. I can't wait to read them. I won't post comments about each book, but I'll talk more in the comments if you like! :)

Tenth Grade Bleeds Icon Pictures, Images and Photos

A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Ranger’s Apprentice Book 6: The Siege of Macindaw by John Flanagan

Tales of the MADMAN Underground by John Barnes

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Flygirl Pictures, Images and Photos

Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith

Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti

Because I am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas

Elijah’s Coin: A Lesson for Life by Steve O’Brien

Across the Pond by Storyheart

Graphic Classics: Oscar Wilde by Stan Shaw, Molly Kiely, Nick Miller, and Lisa K. Weber


Adele said...

Sometimes it feels like everyone has Along for the Ride but me.

I like the Chronicles...blah one with the ace cover. I am shallow, what can I say?

Alea said...

Heck yes, I love the fact that I'm part of the title! You don't know how much that pleases me! :D

Thao said...

Oh gosh so many books. You got a great week!

Just Listen said...

You got Along for the Ride?! Ah! You're so lucky!

The Ravenous Reader said...

Yeay!! you had a great collection of books this week. I am reading Strange Angels right now and it is amazzzzzzing! I cannot wait to see what you think about it. Prada and lucky ducky. I am supposed to get that soon...we should chat about it :)

Here's to a great week and happy reading :)

harmonybookreviews said...

That really is a pile of awesome books! Hopefully, I'll be getting Along for the Ride and Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks soon. A Match Made in High School looks really good too.

And, I THINK I'm getting a copy of Prada from Mandy.

Shalonda said...

Oh my! You are totally right! BEST WEEK EVER!

cat said...

Wow, that's a lot of books. Congrats! Some of those look really interesting, guess I'm adding more to my wishlist. ;)

sharonanne said...

Well there are worse things than turning into Alea. she always gets great book.

TheBookworm said...

No way Ranger’s Apprentice Book 6! I want it. :)

I just started reading the Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, but I have to say the book you received (the third) has the best cover out of all of them.

Happy Readings! :D

Carrie's YA Bookshelf said...

I can't wait to read Wintergirls.

KB said...

Wintergirls and Along for the Ride? *laying on floor pounding fists and flailing legs*

Bookworm said...

Omg! I really want Along for the Ride! And Lipstick Apology, and Prada and Prejudice...everyone is so lucky!

The Story Siren said...

geez oh petes! what an awesome week you had!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Adele: I know how you feel often seems that way to me for a ton of other books!!
hahah I'm shallow about covers too, it's quite alright!

Alea: Well I'm glad. This week made me feel like you...every other week, so I had to say it!

Thao: I know! It was insane, but soooo exciting.

Just Listen: I was shocked! I didn't realize I would be getting it!!!

The Ravenous Reader: Aw, thanks so much!! I'm so happy to hear Strange Angels is good. I think it sounds amazing. I hope you get P&P soon, and yes, once I read it, we must chat!!

Harmony: Yay! I hope you DO get all of them. They all sound just great. So many awesome titles this year.

Shalonda: hahah I know, I'll get like...nothing from now on, I swear!

Cat: Yay, I'm glad some of them look good to you. These posts always make my wish list grow, I know! :)

Sharon: Tehe, so so true.

TheBookworm: Thanks you too, and I really like the Tod cover as well. It has purple! My favorite color!!!

Carrie: Me too, you have no idea!!

KB: I'm sorry!! *sprinkle you with awesome books dust*

Bookworm: Omg, I can't wait to read Lipstick Apology. It sounds so stellar.

Kristi: I know! I'm so thankful, this NEVER happens!!!


Alea said...

Love it!

Erika Lynn said...

Wintergirls and Prada and Prejudice. So jealous. I need to get my hands on those two badly

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Alea: :-)

Erika: Thanks for the comment, and I agree, they DO sound awesome, huh?


Storyheart said...

Glad the book got to you okay, hope you enjoy it

BookChic said...

I am so jealous of Along for the Ride (don't worry, Adele, I feel the same way too!), Waiting for You, Tenth Grade Bleeds, A Match Made in High School (I'm supposed to be getting it, but nothing's come yet!), and Prada and Prejudice (hasn't come yet, but everyone else seems to be getting it).

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Storyheart: It definitely looks good and thanks again for sending me a copy!

James: I'm sorry! You get a ton of really amazing books as well though. And I hope the ones you are waiting on DO arrive sometime soon! :)


Carol(ina) said...

Your so lucky that you got all of those Razorbill books! *jealous*

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Carol: Aw, me sorry. I'm so jealous of your books though too, so I suppose we're even, right???