Tuesday, March 31, 2009

(Review) I'm a 3-D Convert!

Monsters Vs. Aliens Review

This movie was recently released, a cartoon about a group of monsters called on to help save Earth from the aliens. I knew that Reese Witherspoon was the voice of the main girl, Susan, but I didn't realize until I went to the film that I knew a lot of the people. Head alien is Rainn Wilson, Hugh Laurie plays Dr. Cockroach (he was hilarious, making an awesome mad-scientist), Stephen Colbert as the President ("I am brave. I am a brave president.") and even Seth Rogen as B.O.B. (very obvious it was Seth, but he was great. He added a lot of the fun quotes!)

The main thing I wanted to talk about in regards to this film is the 3-D. It was the first time I've seen a movie like this and it was awesome! Maybe if you are used too it, it won't be too great, but I really did enjoy it and overall, it simply adds to the movie-going experience if you will. I can't wait to check out another one.

Overall, this was a cute and fun movie, with a lot of humor for sure. It's perfect for not just little kids...a lot of the humor is actually aimed towards teens and up!


Lenore said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. And what a voice cast!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Lenroe: I know, right? Definitely a star-studded cast. It was great.