Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter/Passover, Shipping, + Question for You!

1. Shipping



First off, I want to say that if you are waiting on something from me (marked up books, contest wins) then they ARE coming. I've been a bit behind on mailing some things out. I have the autographed pictures of Justin Chon, so send your address if I don't have it...otherwise, I'll write soon. I need to find suitable packaging for these so they aren't ruined in the mail. So yes, sorry for the wait, but I will try and mail them soon as I'll have more to mail at the end of this month.



2. Happy Easter/Passover/Sunday, if you don't celebrate anything!



I hope you all have an amazing day. I know I ate some good food. Chocolate covered strawberries...mmmm!! :)

3. Comments



I have a question about comments. I know some things people don't find interesting and decide not to read...or maybe they do and have nothing to say...while others simply read and never comment. All of these things are just fine, but comments are the easiest way to see who is reading and what they think.

My question is, who all normally reads the blog (that doesn't have to mean every single post)? For those that may or may not comment, what makes you want to leave your thoughts or do you just hate writing in general?

I try and write everyone back if they comment me and I feel I can say something back...the only time I might not is if you are commenting for a contest as that often gets hectic, so if you do write back, you should eventually find my thoughts later as well. I love to talk to everyone, so hopefully more people will comment. If not, it's all good. I'd love your thoughts though. Do you want more of something? Less of something? I'll try and work things out a bit more if you give me ideas! :)

13 comments:

Madison said...

I'm subscribed through Reader, and I read most posts. Normally, I don't comment because A) it's time-consuming and B) I don't find enough worthwhile things to say. Occasionally, though, I'll leave comments on some blogs, but I don't comment on any blog regularly.

Lalaland said...

I usually leave comments on reviews of books that I have read. It just depends on what interests me I guess.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Madison: I definitely understand that. It's hard to find something to say all the time, and other times it really does just take a lot of time. Thanks for leaving your thoughts though, it's good to know what others think.

Lalaland: Good point!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well. Again, I'm definitely a reader of other blogs and I know it's hard to always leave thoughts on things, but it's good to see what other people are thinking and doing.

-Lauren

Bookworm said...

I am a little OCD about commenting....I'm ALWAYS commenting!

Storyheart said...

I try and make a point of checking any new posts I see on my dashboard ( follow many blogs). Sure sometimes I don't comment but to be honest I am not clever enough to comment half the time 8grin*

However I try to add if there is something I have an opinion on or that I find really interesting. or even might be able to help with.

Just because I may not comment it does not mean I am not interested. Anybody who had heard any of my interviews and now even my TV interview or read my blogs knows I feel the blogs like this are the life blood of the writer internet.

And many authors feel the same yesterday Karen White for instance and I were discussing how blogs such is yours are so special.

Storyheart (Barry)

Shalonda said...

Hey Lauren!

You know I'm a faithful reader. I try to comment when I feel I have something worthwhile to say (which is not often), but I've been trying to be better about consistently leaving comments.

What I try to do on my blog is leave a question at the end of my posts, because when I see these on another person's blog, I am more likely to comment.

Lenore said...

Some posts are easier to comment on than others. I try to comment as much as I can, but I don't want to sound like an idiot either :)

Erin said...

I read too many blogs to comment on all of them, unfortunately...just don't have the time. But I try and comment on each of them now and then, just so they know I'm reading them!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Erin: That's great that you do that. It's a nice idea. there are a ton of blogs I read as well.

Lenore: haha so true, you do have to have something to say normally!

Shalonda: Aw, thanks. And that's a good idea. I did try and do that every now and then, but I might try and add more questions...just so people have something specific to write back too if they wish.

Bookworm: HAHA! That's not a bad thing. :)

Barry: Thanks for your thoughts! I'm glad you like blogs in general. They are great, and I love reading other people's.

Thanks for all your thoughts! I just want to make sure people aren't looking for something else from the posts, and you know, comment when you can or have something to say. I'm glad you're reading though. :)

-lauren

I Heart Monster said...

I try to comment when I have something relevant to contribute or when I'm glad that someone pointed out something to me and I'm going to act on it...

Amelia said...

I read most of your posts, if I don't comment it's for one of two reasons. 1) Someone Already said pretty much the same thing I was going to say. or 2) I just don't have anything to say.

Steph Su said...

I read almost everything on blogger and try to comment on most, especially if they interest me (like reviews) or ask for interaction/participation. Unfortunately I hardly ever go back to a post that I've commented on, so if people want to respond to my comment, it's better to do it on my site than their own, or I'll probably never see it!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Steph Su: I have thought of that...replying on the person's site instead of on that post, b/c I know I forget to go back and check things I've commented on too.

Amelia: and those are good reasons! I'm glad you do read most of the stuff though, it's nice to hear. :)

I Heart Monster: Awesome! :-)
I appreciate your thoughts on commenting.