Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Faryl Smith: Amazing Young Musician from the UK!

Photobucket

New Artist: Faryl Smith

Can you believe it? This classical artist from the UK is only 13-years old and one of her fans is the very own Simon Cowel. She was a contestant on the show Britain's Got Talent, and eventually signed a record deal for 2.3 million pounds.

Her debut album, Faryl, has been released to much success in the UK and will be available in the U.S. on May 5th!

If you want to get to know a little more about Faryl, as well as hear her sing, please watch this clip by clicking here:

http://uclassics.edgeboss.net/wmedia/uclassics/farylsmith/farylsmith_farylepk_wsimoncowel_800.wvx
I recommend watching it. She's absolutely amazing, and the video is only a little over 3 minutes long so you have time!

Now, I'm not one to listen to this type of music, but I have to say that she has one phenomenal voice, especially for being so young. I heard her single "River of Light" and it's great. Now, you might laugh, but it really did make me think of the classic disney films...the music and the way her voice sounds, she could easily be Belle from Beauty and the Beast (so yes, laugh all you want, but you know you're curious now, right?)

Watch the video and leave your thoughts in the comments. Is this your kind of music? Do you know someone who might love it? Spread the word!

Full Tracklisting:

1) Amazing Grace
2) The River of Light (Blue Danube)
3) Ave Maria
4) Annie’s Song
5) A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square
6) Mother of God, Here I Stand
7) Shenandoah
8) Brahm’s Lullaby
9) Calon Lan
10) How Can I Keep From Singing
11) Somewhere
12) The Way Old Friends Do

4 comments:

Bookworm said...

I saw the clip. She has a nice voice, just totally not my style. And her teeth kind of bug me! But it's amazing that she's only 13--my age--and has such a huge record deal!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Bookworm: It really is amazing, so mind-blowing that she sounds like that at such a young age. Thanks for the comment, even if the music isn't your thing!

Leland's Mama said...

I'll be reviewing this CD on my blog son and giving away 3 copies. I just talked to her rep today. Can't wait!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

That's awesome! Yeah, if all goes well, I should have a review up in May too for my celebration of new releases. :)