Monday, April 27, 2009

YA Connection is Gone for Now...But...

light bulb Pictures, Images and Photos

Hey Everyone. I know that Steph from Reviewer X and Kristi from The Story Siren used to have YA Connection. Life gets busy and they no longer have these posts. However, I"m sure I'm not the only one who loved seeing contests in one spot and learning about awesome reviews or interviews from authors and bloggers alike. I'm not trying to take their idea, by any means, and if they start doing the weekly thing again, I'll stop this, but I figured it would be fun for now. Let me know your thoughts though!

The basic idea is this: if you come across a contest or are holding one, put a link DIRECTLY to that post on Mr. Linky. You can also include interviews/reviews/guest blogs, but when it comes to reviews...try and focus on the ones you REALLY want people to see. If everyone posts every single review, that will clog up the Mr. Linky and it's harder to find things.

Who can use this? Anyone, whether it's YA, MG, or Adults. It doesn't matter. It doesn't even have to be ABOUT books...but obviously that will be the main things, I'm sure.

Could you please spread the word if you like the idea? I want people to be able to find these links and leave their own if they wish too. What do you all think though? Again, thoughts are welcome! And I know this is Monday, but do you want this on Monday, so you can post all week or should be it Friday, or Saturday, or Sunday, or...? You get the idea!



In the comments, someone made a good point so I'm going to add it here. If you are leaving a link, PLEASE put the blog name and either "review," "contest," "interview," etc. Whatever it is! It'll help people navigate a lot easier. Thanks!



10 comments:

Steph said...

Actually we're bringing it back. ;)

Amber[ella] said...

I left a link to my contest I am having!! Ends May 6th!!

Shalonda said...

Love this idea, as I've terribly missed YA Connection!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Shalonda: I have as well, and I just think something like this is nice to have...b/c like I said, it's not JUST Ya.

Amber: Yay! I'm glad you left something.

Steph: Well, that's cool It's definitely ordered a lot nicer then something like this, but it's more then just YA...so for now, hopefully it helps.

H said...

I like this idea but the links seem a bit confusing - maybe you could get people to write 'blog name - contest - prize' so people can navigate their way around lots of links

Shooting Stars Mag said...

H: Thanks for the idea. I think that would help a lot as well. I'll edit the post.

-Lauren

susan said...

I left a link, and I left it under the name of the contest. Thanks for doing this.

Heather Zundel said...

That's a really nifty little idea. Took me a minute to find Mr. Linky, but I got him. Thanks for doing this. I always loved YA connection, and I'm glad to hear you're bringing it back Steph!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Heather: Thank you, I'm glad you like the idea. :)

Anonymous said...

goood idea!

and steph its June where's the reappearance of YAC you mentioned? ;)