Saturday, May 2, 2009

Party: Vampire Contest with Lucienne Diver


In honor of Lucienne Diver's novel Vamped (which sounds fun, and I really want to get my own copy sometime soon) we are holding a month-long vampire-loving contest!




Rules:


Below, you will find a vampire quiz. Fill out as much as you can and email me here: shootingstarsmag AT aol DOT com. The winner will be chosen by whoever has the most correct (if there's only one person) or we'll pick the top scores and randomly choose the winner that way.


Ends: May 31


Open to: U.S. and Canada Only!


Prizes (One Winner):
Signed copy of PROM DATES FROM HELL by Rosemary Clement-Moore


Signed copy of VAMPED



Signed copy of first book in the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine and a glow-in-the-dark bumper sticker


These are all courtesy of Lucienne (so yay for her!) and if I can find anything else to include, I'll add some other goodies.


Quiz (feel free to comment below with your thoughts on the quiz, the prize, the book, or simply let me know you entered!)


1. Vampire: the Masquerade is:
a) A book series
b) An old vampire film
c) A live-action roleplaying game
d) A lavish annual ball


2. What historical figure was known as The Blood Countess?


3. What comic book heroine fights vampires and the very real possibility that she’ll fall straight out of her skimpy red outfit? (Fashion tape anyone?)


4. Name the necromancer/vampire slayer who headlines Laurell K. Hamilton’s long-running series.


5. Who writes the bestselling Vampire Academy series?


6. Name the famous vampire novel that takes place in 1888 and features, among other characters, Queen Victoria, Dr. Henry Jekyll, Mycroft Holmes and Jack the Ripper?


7. Who are the partners in detection in P.N. Elrod’s Vampire Files series of noir mysteries, one of whom has to solve his own murder in Book 1: BLOODLIST?


8. Name two out of the four kids living in the Glass House in Rachel Caine’s fabulous Morganville Vampires series.


9. Who played the big bad vampire master in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie?


10. What young adult vampire novel releasing May 1st features the misadventures of a teen fashionista who goes from chic to eek in a single bite?

20 comments:

NotNessie said...

Wow.. I suck at this quiz. Oops.. unintentional vampire joke.

Insert Book Title said...

It sounds like fun! Great idea!

Kaitlyn said...

That's such a cool idea: a quiz.
:]
I enter!
thtchickkaitlyn7@aol.com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Kaitlyn: All Lucienne's idea, but I'm glad you think so!!

Insert book title: Glad to hear, and I thought it was fun and different. :)

NotNessie: hah, it works though...the joke I mean. And I'm sorry you aren't good at it. It was a bit hard for me too honestly.

Ashley said...

I might enter!
(but I know that I won't do well, haha).

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Ashley: Aw, you should enter. It's fun either way!!!

Ashley said...

Haha I did!

Laina said...

I am the vampire queen!! Sorry, lol, that's a bit of a bad joke, but I looooove vampire stuff. :)

*Samantha* said...

Awesome quiz. Some of that stuff, I didn't think other people even knew about! hehe. Love it!

blackroze37yahoo.com said...

LOVE OT BE ENTER!

Amelia said...

I entered. Great idea for a contest. Are you going to post the answers when you announce the winner?

Lucienne said...

I guess the questions sort of demonstrate what a vampire geek I am. I hope you all have fun with the quiz!!

PopinFresh said...

Great contest! I just entered.

~ Popin

Korianne said...

That quiz was so much fun! I hope I got them all right! What a super idea Lucienne, way to make us work for our prizes!

Amy said...

Whew. That was fun. =) Pat Elrod (P.N.) lives around here and used to come into the bookstore I worked at to sign her books. She signs them with a smiley face that has little fangs. I love it! She's a sassy lady.

deltay said...

Phew-wee, that was fun! I've just sent you my answers. Great quiz =)

Jazz said...

That was tough, but my previous employment in the YA section at Borders and the vampire class I took last semester got me through it.

Sarahbear9789 said...

The Quiz was fun.

Lucienne said...

Amy, isn't Pat great? I always say all you have to do is look up "spitfire" in the dictionary to find her picture staring back at you!

-Lucienne

Elaine said...

I'm cutting it close.I just sent my answers