Interview with Melissa Walker, author of Lovestruck Summer (Out TODAY)
Interview by: Violet from the Violet series, also by Melissa (with a little help from Lauren)
1. Well, I guess my story has ended for the time being, but I want to know...who was easier to write, me or Quinn?
Oh, Violet, you were way easier, partially because you're a lot like me. Quinn's different, but in a fun way.
2. I'm all about fashion and Quinn is a music junkie. Who are you more like? What other types of arts would you write about?
I'd say you're way into music too, Violet. After all, you do obsess over The Song Game ("The next song that comes on is how this guy feels about me!"). Haha. The next thing I'm working on is darker, without much mention of the arts...
3. Awhile ago on your blog, you asked people to write in with names for bands. You said recently that you used a lot of them in the actual books. I have to say, that's a really cool idea! Are there any specific ones you can share?
Hmm... let's see. I used a TON of them, so I'll try to remember. I know I used: Inconceivable Hat, Inspired by Ross, and Art girls Gone Bad! (Here's that post, btw: http://www.melissacwalker.com/blog/2008/06/winit_wednesday_maine_squeeze.html#comments)
4. The acknowledgments in books are always fun to read (and I hope you thanked me, as I did come first, right?) Who do you always have to mention? Was there anybody new this time around that really helped Lovestruck Summer come to life?
Yes! The blog readers. I thanked them this time, for those band names mentioned above. Sadly, I didn't thank you, Violet. Though you'll always be my first fictional character.
5. I had three books, so I guess it's only fair to ask, what about Quinn? Is she going to be a stand-alone or a series?
She's a standalone. One summer adventure. See, you got more air time!
6. Okay, I have to go back to me. I'm in France! J'adore the French boys. Will I be in any other countries?
I have no doubt that you'll continue to travel, Violet. We'll just have to see if readers can follow you or not. You may go privately.
7. Finally, where's my future going? I know no more books for a little while, and I guess I'll share your attention with some other awesome girls, but will I ever get a new book? If not, where do you see me going? I have to know! This is my life we're talking about!
You are cracking me up. I suspect you'll be all over the world, trying to do your best to be a (somewhat flawed) role model, and always hoping that you and Roger get your timing right. One day...