Sunday, June 14, 2009

IMM: One is a Magic Numberrrrr!!!


Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells

Summary: In a world where being of mixed-blood is a major liability, Sabina Kane has the only profession fit for an outcast: assassin. But, her latest mission threatens the fragile peace between the vampire and mage races and Sabina must scramble to figure out which side she's on. She's never brought her work home with her---until now.

This time, it's personal.

My Thoughts: Once again, this is a book that I bought myself. I don't usually get a ton of review books in the mail unless I'm helping out an author and they were kind enough to send me one...besides that, I'm not the one who gets the surprise books (though that would be cool!) But anyway, I do like to still buy books regardless of what I get to review because it's my way of supporting and I want these books!

I first heard about Red-Headed Stepchild in an issue of Romantic Times. There was an ad with the cover and it just looked awesome. Thennnn...I started seeing all these reviews for it and they were all pretty good, so I got more and more excited, until I finally had to go and buy the book. And voila! Now I have it and hopefully I can read it soon. Any book I buy myself usually doesn't get read quite as fast as I would wish, but I'm swamped by other books...for this blog, and remember: I do review usually two (this month it's three) books for Romantic Times every month so you don't see those, unless you have the magazines. Just want people to know in case it looks like I'm barely reading or you know, I'm behind on reviewing your book.

But enough babble on my end, what do you think of the book?!

17 comments:

Eli said...

This is the first time I've heard of this book. Great choice! I might have to check it out. :)

Cat said...

Ever since I saw this on a blog somewhere I have wanted it. Looks like the store near my office has a copy in stock. I know what I am spending money on this week. ;)

katie said...

This sounds really good. I really want to read it but sadly I have promised myself not to get any new books until I finish the ones I have. Happy reading! =]

Jo said...

I absolutely loved this book, it was so awesome! Really funny in places! I hope you enjoy reading it, I look forward to your review!

Lizzy said...

Red-Headed Stepchild sounds really good, and the cover looks interesting. Happy reading!

MssJos said...

One was my magic number this week to! I recently came across RHSC (by recently I mean yesterday), I am looking forward to reading your review!

Happy Reading!

ZAC said...

Not into the title at all, but the plot and cover look good.

Kate said...

This looks like a really good book. I love the cover :)

Shalonda said...

Ooh this one sounds intriguing! And I'm digging the cover!

Ladybug said...

This sounds like a good book, and since Jo loved it I guess I have to put it on my wish list ;)

The Story Siren said...

this one sounds awesome! and i love the cover! happy reading!

Liviania said...

I really enjoyed it! (My review is on goodbadandunread.com.)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Kristi: I know, right? Thanks!

Ladybug: You should, I'm really excited to read it. I'm big on paranormal stuff like this.

Shalonda: I think the cover just grabs your attention. Glad you find it interesting!

Kate: I know I know! Thanks for the comment.

ZAC: It's definitely one of those titles I can see people loving or hating, but I'm glad you like the rest of it.

MssJos: We can celebrate the number one together then. And that's awesome, I hope you get a shot to read it. I'll try and review it as soon as I can.

Lizzy: I know, it really does. And thanks, you too.

Jo: Thank you. I'm so happy you liked it. I heard it was quite funny in places so that's good to know.

Katie: I know how you feel...I have SO many books I still need to read. lol

Cat: Oh yay, I'm glad they have it and I really hope you enjoy it. I'd love to know.

Eli: Definitely! I'm glad I could show you something new. :)


-Lauren

Callie said...

Looks really awesome! Enjoy!

Rebecca said...

I've never heard of that book before, hope you enjoy reading it.

Book Butterfly said...

Ooh this one looks good! I'm going to check it out too. Enjoy reading it ! :)
ps- I love your blog so much!

Alicia said...

I really love the cover of this book! I hope you like it, it definitely sounds interesting!