Friday, June 5, 2009
Lucienne Diver's Vampire Quiz: Answers!
Lucienne Diver, author of Vamped, hosted a Vampire contest for my May Party and I'm a bit behind, but the winner has been emailed (it's coming from the shooting star email so go and check if you entered!) However, people wanted to know how many questions they got right, so I figured I'd repost the quiz with the answers at the bottom so you can see how you did, or simply "take" the quiz now for fun!
1. Vampire: the Masquerade is:
a) A book series
b) An old vampire film
c) A live-action roleplaying game
d) A lavish annual ball
2. What historical figure was known as The Blood Countess?
3. What comic book heroine fights vampires and the very real possibility that she’ll fall straight out of her skimpy red outfit? (Fashion tape anyone?)
4. Name the necromancer/vampire slayer who headlines Laurell K. Hamilton’s long-running series.
5. Who writes the bestselling Vampire Academy series?
6. Name the famous vampire novel that takes place in 1888 and features, among other characters, Queen Victoria, Dr. Henry Jekyll, Mycroft Holmes and Jack the Ripper?
7. Who are the partners in detection in P.N. Elrod’s Vampire Files series of noir mysteries, one of whom has to solve his own murder in Book 1: BLOODLIST?
8. Name two out of the four kids living in the Glass House in Rachel Caine’s fabulous Morganville Vampires series.
9. Who played the big bad vampire master in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie?
10. What young adult vampire novel releasing May 1st features the misadventures of a teen fashionista who goes from chic to eek in a single bite?
2. Elizabeth Bathory
4. Anita Blake
5. Richelle Mead
6. Anno Dracula (Note from Lauren: I really want to read this now!!)
7. Jack Fleming and Charles Escott
8. Any two: Claire, Eve, Shawn, Michael
9. Rutger Hauer