Saturday, January 9, 2010

Idea/Discussion: 2010 Author Events


With the new year, it's time to start getting excited about author signings, events, and what-have-you. Sadly, not that many authors come near me. Thanks to Lisa McMann, I at least have ONE signing to look forward too this coming March. For now, that's it, but since I love Lisa and her books, it's good enough.

This post isn't about our love for author events (though I do love them) but more to see who is going to see which author and when. Why do you ask? I have a mission if you choose to accept. Leave a Mark will be back in August of 2010 and I hope it's bigger and better than ever. However, sometimes it's hard to get through to authors online and I figured, wouldn't it be cool if we could ask them in person?

That's where you all come in! I will be writing up a letter that describes what Chelsea and I do wiith Leave a Mark and how authors can get involved. It will be a general note so that it fits everyone (whether they know about LAM or not). Since I don't have a lot of events coming up, I can't really bring these letters anywhere but if you ARE and would like those author (s) to know about Leave a Mark, then let me know in an email (lauren51990 AT aol DOT com) or in the comments and leave YOUR email so I know where to send the letter too.

When your event takes place, just print off however many copies of the letter you need and bring them with you. If you get a shot to meet the author (such as when they sign your book) hand them letter (if you can give them stuff, and most of the time you can!). This way they can read all about the charity auctions in their own time in an easy access way.

I hope this makes sense to everyone. So now, let me know what events you are planning on going too in the next few months. I'd say nothing later than May so people have time, but they can always get involved in the future if they don't mark it up in time.

15 comments:

Book Monster said...

Sounds like a cool idea!! Sadly no authors ever come where I live :(

Emma Michaels said...

I live on an one mile by one mile island or I would participate. Great idea though. I will see if there are any I might be able to find in Seattle when I go there in a few months. As always great job!

Sincerely,
Emma

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Hey Lauren-I'll be at ALA in June and we're hoping to get some authors at my library this year too, so count me in and I'll pass out your letters!:)

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd love to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
thought this would be a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/hanukkah-party-supplies.html]hanukkah Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.