Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Review by: Lauren

Book From: 1 ARC tour. I read the book and passed it on!

Summary from Amazon:

Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial killer is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself.

Review:
 
The Body Finder is one wild debut novel. You have romance, suspense, and danger! Violet has a deadly gift that begins to put her in harms way. Some of the creepiest writing is in this book, believe me. Know why? Inbetween Violet's story you get the serial killer's thoughts as he hunts the various girls. Can you say creepy? Not that it was a bad thing. It honestly freaked me out (especially reading this at night) but it kept me interested and ready for the next part of the story.
 
I would hate to be Violet, that's for sure. But I would also love to be her. She has a hard gift to deal with...and I honestly think it can be a gift...but she also has a loving family and best friend (or maybe more?) Jay who would do anything to keep her safe and happy.
 
I'm so excited for the next book, Desires of the Dead, which comes out in 2011. If only I knew what month exactly...This is one unique series that is sure to please many fans looking for a darker YA novel.
 
If you are a fan of mysteries, suspense, murder, love stories (how random, huh?)...then The Body Finder might just be for you. It's definitely a freaky story in many ways so I'd recommend it for people 14 and older or if you are really good with horror movies/books.
 
 
Amazon Associates: If you buy The Body Finder through the picture link, it would mean a lot. I get a small percentage every time someone buys a book through my link, but it takes awhile to add up to something I actually get...so think about it!

1 comment:

baileythebookworm said...

I have an ARC of this book, and I really enjoyed it -I wasn't expecting to, which made it even nicer! It really is a great suspenseful read, and I'm glad to see I'm not alone in that opinion.