Friday, May 14, 2010

Pretty Little Liar's Sara Shepard Interview

Interview with Sara Shepard, author of the Pretty Little Liars Series

Shooting Stars Questions by: Lauren

Tuesday, June 8th at 8/7c on ABC Family is when Pretty Little Liars the SHOW premieres

To be honest, I was never really interested in reading the Pretty Little Liars series. I didn't know what it was really about, but the covers never screamed "check me out" when I was browsing (probably because they remind of the Gossip Girls or something). However, now that I know the summary behind the series, I'm really excited to check them out...plus the show sounds like it will be very interesting. Hopefully it will give Sara even more fans, including myself whenever I can get my hands on the first book. The following Q and A are only my questions but I'll leave a link at the bottom to Sarah's blog (Green Bean Teen Queen) becauses she posted the entire interview I believe.

Interview-

L. Becker: Hi. I know that a lot of authors think about what if their books became a movie, but in the aspect of having a series how do you think this will work better for TV since you have a lot of books in the series instead of having just movies?

S. Shepard: I think it will work really well for a series because there is just so much material. I think – every author wants their book to be a movie and they think about it and I’m guilty of that, too.

There is so much going on in the mystery and the back story of all this, it’s so deep that I think it’s perfect for TV because there is a chance to develop all of that. You really wouldn’t have that opportunity in a 90 minute movie unless they did sequel after sequel which would be pretty ridiculous. I think it’s great for TV.

L. Becker: Great. My other question is a lot of TV shows, they eventually  come out with different merch, like  t-shirts and stuff, so just from a fad point of view, what would you like to see for Pretty Little Liars? Would you want to see shirts you could buy or a bobble-head, just crazy stuff like that?

S. Shepard: What I would love to see, and actually what some readers have asked me, are the dolls from the cover, which I don’t know if they’d actually make the dolls of the stars, which would be interesting, too. There is so much in the book about Alison, the best friend who has gone missing, kind of treats her friends like just dolls that she just controls their every move. As a fad I think sort of having Pretty Little Liars dolls would be pretty awesome.


Sarah's Post with the Interview: http://www.greenbeanteenqueen.com/2010/05/ya-movie-news-extra-sara-shepard-pretty.html


Amazon Associates: If you buy the book through the above link, I do get a small percentage but it takes awhile to add up. Feel free to help!

1 comment:

jewelknits said...

Great interview! Pretty Little Liars is a good series, my dd LOVES it!

Also wanted to let you know that I put y'all up for a photo tag here:

http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-blog-award-and-photo-tag.html