Interview with Denise Jaden, author of Losing Faith (Out Now)
Questions by: Lauren
Amazon Associates: If you purchase the book from the link, the site gets a small percentage.
Follow the rest of the tour and win prizes: http://baskinex.blogspot.com/
1. If you could work with any other author (dead or alive) who would you pick and why?
Laurie Halse Anderson. While I don’t think I’d be much of an asset to her, I just love the way her brain works. I think she’s brilliant and I have the feeling that even being in the same room with her would open my mind to a whole new realm of possibilities.
2. If you could have written an already published book, what would it be and why?
I’m probably funny this way, but to be honest, I wouldn’t want to have written any books besides my own. My own books are very personal to me, and that’s what makes me love them the most. There are a vast number of extremely well-written, engaging, thought-provoking books out there, but none of them are…me. Besides that, I think a lot of future pressure comes with having a highly acclaimed book on the shelves, and while that’s fun to dream about, I’m not sure I’m actually ready for that.
3. If you could imagine the best possible scenario for Losing Faith or your writing career at large, what would happen?
I hope my book will be memorable and loved by at least a few people. It would be wonderful if it could reach an even larger audience through audiobook, foreign versions, and film. I found it more fun to “dream” when the whole process was far away. Now it can be scary—not wanting to get my hopes up, or unsure of the lasting effects and whether or not I’m ready for them.
4. If you could take a character from another book and add them to Losing Faith or a future work, who would you pick and what type of character would you make them?
I don’t know about book characters, but I’ve always thought it would be fun to add real-life celebrities into books. Unfortunately, you have to worry about legalities and how it reflects on them, so it doesn’t really work to say have Zac Efron show up and make a big scene at a high school football game or something. But it would be fun!
5. If you could simply wish on a shooting star, what would you most want?
I’d wish things for my son and for my family—long, happy lives; good, lasting relationships. As far as writing goes, I feel like I must have inadvertently wished upon a shooting star in my sleep, because I really could not ask for more. I’m very thankful for where I’m at and what I’ve achieved.
BTW: Don't forget to read the 9/11 Remembrance post below this one!