Sunday, December 19, 2010

2011 Catherine Ryan Hyde Challenge!

I don't normally join that many challenges, but I thought it might be nice to start my own for next year. Why, you may ask? Well, go right ahead! My answer is this: I love Catherine Ryan Hyde's books. I've only read a few, but I really want to read the other ones because they sound great for the most part.

Catherine writes books for YA and Adult, and this challenge ecompases everything. Read what you like and feel good about it!

To sign up for this challenge, you have to agree to read ONE Catherine Ryan Hyde book in 2011. Great odds of succeeding, isn't it? I don't want to make it too hard. I just want people to start reading more of her books, spreading the word, and hopefully helping a wonderful author have some awesome sales next year.

Obviously, you can borrow a book from the library or get it second hand...but if you can buy at least one book, it would mean a lot. Especially if it's one of her new ones like Jumpstart the World that came out a couple months ago.

Feel free to divvy up the books for other challenges too if you can! We certainly don't mind!

Want to sign up? Use the Mr. Linky below!




So what do you read? Here is a complete list of Catherine's books and visit her website for more information.

Jumpstart the World



Second Hand Heart


When I Found You


Diary of a Witness


The Day I Killed James


Chasing Windmills


The Year of my Miraculous Reappearance


Love in the Present Tense


Becoming Chloe


Walter's Purple Heart


Electric God/The Hardest Part of Love


Pay It Forward


Earthquake Weather


Funerals for Horses

If you sign up for this giveaway, please post the button if you can. Amanda from the Zen Leaf was kind enough to make it for us, and I love it! You can simply link to your blog or you can make a post about this challenge and link to that in the Mr. Linky above. It's up to you!! But the button would look great in your sidebar. ;-) I want as many people as possible to join this, as I think it will be fun.
 
We'll have lots of fun giveaways throughout the year as well, so you definitely want to join up to enter those!

22 comments:

Liviania said...

I have JUMPSTART THE WORLD so I should sign up for this. But then I might never read it given my track record with challenges.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Liviana: You still should! You just might get it read. :-)

Lisa-Marie Jordan said...

I've got Electric God & Funerals for Horses to read, so this is perfect!l

David said...

i'm in. this will be fun. thanks!

ladystorm said...

Okay so I have never heard of this author, but I have seen the movie version of her book Pay It Forward which I liked up till the end..lol.

So I will sign up for this challenge in hopes of maybe reading one of her books and learning a bit about a author I have never read. :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Thanks so much Ladystorm! I hope you'll enjoy a book, and find a new author you enjoy. :)

-lauren

Schuyler Esperanza said...

I absolutely loved JUMPSTART THE WORLD, and since it's one of the titles I want to review for my blog, this is great. Definitely want to read her other titles, too!

My blog has a URL, but is brand new, so if anyone checks there and see no posts, that's because there won't be any until I do some sort of launch in January. :)

Christina said...

Can't wait to read more of Catherine's great books!

Shaelah Lewis said...

I'm in and Chloe too. I will read Funeral for Horses and Chloe will read Jumpstart the World, we better get to the bookstore!

Mavis Davis said...

Always looking for another author to love! I'll give one a try!

(by Laur) said...

I've read most of her books so far: I only have yet to read Second Hand Heart, When I Found You, Diary of a Witness, and Electric God.

She's such an incredible writer: this is one challenge that is sure to be a delight!

Jenn said...

I'm looking forward to "meeting" a new author.

Jenny Torres Sanchez said...

Can't wait to read Jumpstart the World!

Cafe Fashionista said...

This sounds like such a fun reading project for the new year!! :)

Adam said...

I will be reading Jumpstart the World in 2011 - my first CRH book. :)

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries said...

Alright! As you know, I DO have Jumpstart the World, so I will be joining in! :) Thanks for the heads up!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries said...

Oh! AND the button is WAY too cute!

Lindsay :) said...

Thanks for showing me this challenge!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries said...

The Linky isn't showing , but I'm joining in! Here is my post: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2011/01/2011-catherine-ryan-hyde-challenge.html

Thanks!

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam said...

I just posted my review for Jumpstart the World. It was a fantastic (and important) book.

http://tinyurl.com/47rwzyb