Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases people are excited for.

I see both Lauren and I are doing a WOW today. Here's mine:

Title: Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Publisher: Hyperion Books CH
Release Date:
March 1, 2011


Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?

Why I want it:

I NEED THIS BOOK LIKE I NEED TO BREATHE! Ok, that sounds extreme, but its true. Most of you don't know this, but I read Hex Hall in December of 2009 and I have been (im)patiently waiting for the sequel ever since. I absolutely loved Hex Hall and am always recommending it to everyone. Reading about Sophie, Archer (haaaawt boy) and all of their friends was a lot of fun. Plus Hex Hall was original and there wasn't a thing that I didn't like (alright, except for a character or two). I am just dying to read it.

Plus, how awesome and gorgeous is that cover?

What are you waiting for?



Bookish in a Box said...

I can't wait for this one either!!

YA Book Queen said...

I have to admit, I'm dying to read this one too! Great pick =)

Alyssa said...

great pick! (although I haven't read book one yet...I've been seeing lots of good buzz for it)

Alex Bennett said...

Demonglass was AMAZING! I can't wait for everyone to read it!

Bookgeek said...

Alicia - I've just booked Rachel Hawkins to come to Kepler's in March to talk about this book! (And I have an arc that I'm willing to share! Email me at

Book Monster said...

Hahaha the first book was good. To bad the second one doesn't come out til March.

Michelle at Clover Hill Book Reviews said...

Thanks for hopping over to my blog and leaving a comment :)

I had really good intentions to read Hex Hall last year but sadly it's one I didn't get to read. Hopefully this year!

Little Miss Becky : ) said...

Yes! Definitely agree with this one! I have a copy and I swear, I'm tempted to skip all my other tbr books and read it first!!