Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: Did Someone Say Brownies?!

not my photo

Gourmet Gift Baskets Review - Brownie Sampler

Review by: Lauren

Product sent by company, but all thoughts are our own. I do not own any photos used in this post (found them via google)

Cost if you buy: $34.99

I've reviewed a gift basket from this company in the past and really loved it, so when they contacted me about checking out their brownie sampler, I just had to say yes and share what I thought! Did you know Gourmet Gift Baskets has a baked goods section? I did not! So, now you know, and you can get your own brownies or other assortment of items. I shared all these brownies with my family and the following review is a collection of what my mom and I had to say:

First off, the sampler (if you buy from their website) will include-

 2 of Each Flavor:

· Belgian Chocolate Chunk
· White Chocolate Macadamia Blonde
· Butterscotch Blonde
· Cheesecake
· Peanut Butter
· Fudge Walnut

You can see what they all look like in the photo above. Yummy-ness, huh? The sampler we got to review only contained one brownie per flavor but believe me, that's enough too. These brownies were the perfect size and I think each one would be great to share with another person, to be honest. Getting two flavors of each would be like the motherload...but perfect for a gift or a larger family!

All the brownies were moist and full of rich flavor. I actually ate the Belgian Chocolate Chunk last night after having the brownies for a little while. I just put it in the microwave for fifteen seconds and voila! It was perfect to eat again and very good. The chocolate chunks were delicious!!



My mom's favorite of the bunch was the White Chocolate Macadamia Blonde. She said it had a hint of coconut inside, which was a gentle surprise. Her reply to these: Awesome!

We thought it had a nice mix of brownies...a little something for all tastes and types. There is chocolate in most of them, though.

As for my favorite, I really enjoyed the Peanut Butter as well. Nice blend of chocolate and peanut butter...I think it would be a kid favorite for sure!

Again, this would make a really great gift and its a product I would definitely consider buying in the future!!

What about you? Any flavor jump out and say EAT ME (ala Alice in Wonderland)?!




Stay in Touch with Gourmet Gift Baskets-

"Like” them on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/gourmetgiftbaskets
 Follow them on Twitter, http://twitter.com/gmtgiftbaskets

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I want to be an official brownie tester {as a full-time job}!!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Fudge Walnut looks divine! :)

Medeia Sharif said...

These look very tempting.

I don't like peanut butter by itself, but I love it in baked goods.

Christy D said...

Oh... my... gosh... those look so freaking good! *sigh*