Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Summer TV- Royal Pains and Franklin and Bash


Two shows that I love came back this week. First we had Tuesday night at 10 with Franklin and Bash. Then, tonight at 9, we had Royal Pains. Both are awesome shows with plenty of humor, and I love that when I'm watching, the time just ZIPS by. I mean, I hate when the episode comes to an end...but those shows that really suck you in are the best! At any rate, now that it's summer and most shows have ended until the fall, I'm excited for some of my summer faves to be back on the air!

Franklin and Bash

Franklin and Bash premiered last summer and I fell in love. Seriously, these two guys (Jared Franklin and Peter Bash) are the best sort of lawyers. They care about the underdog, they don't take themselves or the law too seriously, and they are the definition of a bromance.

One of the things I love about this show is that they don't idolize the courtroom too much. They are just fine with shaking things up a bit and being unconventional in order to get their point across and win a case...

For example, from last night's episode, Bash (on the right) dresed up in a client's costume and preceded to put sun tan lotion on to prove a point.

Exhibit A:

Seriously, check out this show. The second season just started so don't feel like you're too far behind to understand what's going on! I'm pretty sure you'll fall in love with this wacky, but loveable, duo.

Royal Pains

Season four just started tonight,  so if you want to jump into this show...I'd try and grab previous seasons at some point or at least look up some information about the show. Regardless, it's not too hard to follow, so I would definitely check it out.

I've been watching Royal Pains since the beginning and I just love it. The bromance of Franklin and Bash isn't in Royal Pains...but there is a similar dynamic between Evan (second from the left)) and Hank (third from the left) as they are brothers and business partners. Tonight's episode shook things up a bit, and I'm curious what the future holds for Hank Med now! I'm really anxious for next week, though, because of the cliff-hanger ending. Why do you do this to me?! I'm just glad it wasn't a season ending, and only an episode one...unlike Psych, whose last season ended with a HUGE cliff-hanger.

Basically, I love USA shows. They really are character driven and I love that, in all forms of entertainment. Psych is my favorite on the channel, but Royal Pains is right behind it!

Why is a girl from Michigan speaking in an European accent? Watch tonight's episode to find out!

~~~~
In the end...Franklin and Bash gives you lawyers, while Royal Pains gives you a medical team. However, both are using these (sometimes) overused concepts and making them, in my opinion, more unique and fun to watch!!

8 comments:

Liviania said...

I started Franklin and Bash, but didn't fall in love. Maybe I'll try again.

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I like Royal Pains :)

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Hilda K said...

Gosh, I can't believe I haven't watched any of these shows! I'm so behind on TV shows LOL - all I watch on TV is Glee or Revenge! xD I think I'm going to love Franklin and Bash! <3

Sam said...

I haven't watched any of these either! :P Franklin and Bash sounds especially good - I think I might have to try that some day. :)

Giselle said...

Dude these are all new to me and sounds totally awesome!! I gotta catch up on TV :)

elena said...

I don't watch these shows but Franklin & Bash sounds super fun! Exactly the type of show my cousin would love.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

lol cute pics! i've never seen these shows!

sarabara081 @ Forever 17 Books said...

You know, I don't think I have heard of either of these shows! But I think Franklin and Nash sounds like one I would like! And I love the actors in it! :)