Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting Ready for the Bunbury Music Festival

Musical festivals are not new. When I was younger, I went to Warped Tour all the time, though that was a one-day, moving festival. However, I did attend Bamboozle twice a few years ago and that is similar to the upcoming Bunbury it was over one weekend and took place in one spot: New Jersey. This time, though, I get a weekend festival that is right by me. The Bunbury Music Festival is debuting this year in Cincinnati, if you live here or near by, you can still look into tickets. Otherwise, check out my posts this weekend and let me know your thoughts about the bands, the festival, and whether you would make the trip next year!

Each day of the festival there is a headlining band, meaning that nobody else will be playing at the same time. You watch this band to finish off the day! In case you can't see the poster above, it goes as follows-

Friday: Jane's Addiction

Saturday: Weezer

Sunday: Death Cab for Cutie

I imagine I will see all of these bands this weekend, but I'm most excited for Weezer and Death Cab for Cutie.

Leading up to the night, there are a variety of bands playing on different stages and these are the ones I definitely plan to make it too. Friday only has one band, which just means I have time to check out some other acts!

Friday: Airborne Toxic Event

Saturday: Manchester Orchestra, Kevin Devine, and Weezer

Sunday: Neon Trees and Death Cab for Cutie

If you're curious about all the acts playing at Bunbury, as well as their set times, check that out here.

Remember, there will be quite a few Bunbury-related posts coming out....but I'd love for you to come by and leave your thoughts. You don't need to be at the festival to enjoy the music talk!


Medeia Sharif said...

Those headlining bands are awesome. I also love Airborne Toxic Event. I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Weezer! That line up is pretty freaking epic. Now I wish I lived closer!

elena said...

Oh this looks fun! I hope you have a blast!

Rachel said...

The Airborne Toxic Event is fabulous in concert! I saw them here in Los Angeles last year. Have fun! :)

Hilda K said...

Oh music festival! That sounds SO MUCH FUN! <3 I hope you'll have great time! I will make sure to stop by your blog this weekend and check out your recap of the festival! ;)

PS: I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blog lately! Sickness got me. :(

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

This looks like a lot of fun! Would love to go. Have fun for me! :D

Vegan YA Nerds said...

Weezer - oh you lucky duck!

Also, the Warped Tour came here too and it makes me remember being a teen :)

Melissa (My words and pages) said...

Oh this looks like a great set up for a festival. A few bands I've not heard in years as well. Thanks!