Sunday, July 1, 2012

Make it a Gift with Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson


When I review a book, I often like to find a product that I feel fits the book in some way...and I call that feature Make it a Gift, so you can buy the book and the product and give them to someone together! Sometimes, though, I come across a book I have NOT read, but it still makes me think of a product and I feel like I should share it with you anyway...in case you have read this book or want to buy a copy for someone.

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Due Out: This Tuesday, July 3


Official Summary:

Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .
Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.
Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.

And now...Make it a Gift and add...



Books By You is a website of original and classic books that you get to personalize with your own choice of names (and some characters allow you to choose specific information too like hair and eye color, etc.) In the classics section, you can personalize the original story of Peter Pan! Normally my make it a gift ideas aren't another book, but I figured since Tiger Lily is based on the story of Peter Pan, it might be a fun idea to give the original as a gift along with it...but not just any original copy!

~~~~
Again, I have not read Tiger Lily, nor the original Peter Pan, but hopefully you'll like either of these products if you decide to check them out! When working with clients for Shooting Stars Promotion, I often work with companies that fit your book for a chance at cross-promotion. If you need publicity help, get in touch!

12 comments:

....Petty Witter said...

I was wondering if this was going to be a book about Tiger lily as in Peter Pan, I would have been so disappointed if it wasn't. A great gift idea, niece #2 though 23 later this month would love this.

Medeia Sharif said...

I love the description of this book--Peter Pan and anything related fascinates me. I just added Tiger Lily to my wish list.

Mimi Valentine said...

I adooooooooooored Tiger Lily! It was so sweet, and heartbreaking, and sad despite being a little slow-paced, and it made me want to watch Peter Pan all over again! Although I've actually never read the original book (terrible, I know!). I'll have to get on that as soon as possible -- and the personalization thing sounds like it'd make a really sweet gift for my Peter-loving sister! ;)

Thanks for sharing, Lauren! :) <3

Beverley said...

Oh, I can't wait to read Tiger Lily and if I received it along with a personalised Peter Pan book, I'd be over the moon!

Thanks for sharing this, Lauren :)

Candace said...

I enjoyed Tiger Lily and actually think it's a perfect book for a gift because it's based on a classic tale and it's clean and appropriate for a variety of people. I love your gift suggestion though! FAB idea!

Jennifer said...

What a fun idea and haven't read Tiger Lily but have heard great things about it.

Eileen said...

This is such a cool idea! :) I haven't read Tiger Lily, but that's so cool how you can personalize your books and stuff! :) I've never done that before for my family members, though, since I'm the only person who likes to read. -.-

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

I highly approve of this post! I just recently finished TIGER LILY and I sincerely recommend it for any fan of Peter Pan stories/films. It was a darker addition than I was expecting, but still beautifully enchanting!

Aylee said...

Never read the classic story either, but I love all film adaptations and retellings and I think I'm going to love Tiger Lily too! The Books By You website is kind of strange, but kind of an awesome concept! Who came up with such an idea?!

Giselle said...

Eep I can't WAIT for this book it's on its way to me now and super excited to read it! Fab post!!!

Hilda K said...

Oh, I need to check out Book by You's site soon! x) Aww, I remember that when I was a kid, my mother gave me a personalized Cinderella book. Cinderella is named after me! x) LOL, no wonder I'm obsessed with Cinderella tale now. x)

I love Peter Pan, and I definitely can't wait to read Tiger Lily! Love the premise so much! <3 Thanks for sharing, Lauren! x)

Small Review said...

This is a fun feature! I like the idea of pairing a book with another object. In this case the original Peter Pan is a perfect complement. I imagine a personalized copy would be really neat to give to a child.