Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Movie Review: Pitch Perfect


Pitch Perfect Movie Review

By Lauren

IMDB Summary: Beca, a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining The Bellas, her school's all-girls singing group. Injecting some much needed energy into their repertoire, The Bellas take on their male rivals in a campus competition.

Review: Pitch Perfect comes out in all theaters this Friday, and I totally recommend seeing it! I was able to watch it this past Saturday as it's limited release somehow made it to one of my local theaters. That never happens, but I'm glad it did with something I really wanted to see! I've been a fan of Anna Kendrick's (Beca) since Rocket Science and I've seen a lot of the movies she's been in since, so it was exciting to see something a bit different...her singing! And she's good!

I loved the eclectic group of girls that make up the new year of Bellas, especially Fat Amy (played by the hilarious and super wonderful Rebel Wilson). Rebel really did make the movie in terms of comedy. If you've seen the previews, you know that most of the quotable lines are from her, but that doesn't mean you've seen it all.

Just one of Rebel Wilson's funny moments
 
There are still hilarious moments to be viewed, as well as a great story concerning Beca growing as a person and learning to let people in...all mixed in with a big dose of music- especially the mash-up variety. It really is a Glee-esque film, so if you hate the show for any of the above reasons, you might not like the movie. But if you love Glee, see the film! If you don't really care for Glee, but it's not a hatred of it, you might still enjoy the movie!

The love interest, Jesse, was adorable and I really want my own. He sings, he loves music, he loves movies, and he has a particular love for The Breakfast Club and the song "Don't You Forget About Me." Again. I repeat. I want my own Jesse.

Jesse (Skylar Astin) and Beca (Anna Kendrick) getting cozy
 
Obviously, I loved this movie. I'm a big fan of musicals, so any movie that is one or uses music a lot is already a plus in my book...and I went in already a fan of Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson, and they were fabulous. Interested? See the movie. Not interested? Well, I'd say see it anyway...but hey, maybe just wait for Redbox then!

14 comments:

elena said...

EEE this seems like such a fun film! It actually showed in my uni the other week but alas, I missed it. I'm glad you loved it so much. :D

Liviania said...

I'm an Anna Kendrick fan and this looks fun, but I must admit to not being fond of Rebel Wilson. (Mostly because I've only seen her in Bridesmaids, where she was one of the worst parts.)

Smart Ass Sara said...

I saw the previews for this while I was watching Magic Mike and it looked amazing. I really love Rebel Wilson and really wished my mom would have named me Rebel. I would have been so bad ass in high school.

Erika said...

I wouldn't mind having my own Jesse either. Major cuteness - in looks and personality! :)

L-Diggitty said...

This looks so great! I saw the previews and couldn't stop laughing at Rebel Wilson (she was great in "Bridesmaids" too). I'm totally going to make some girlfriends go with me - it seems like something my husband might grumble about watching... although, he always ends up being pretty interested despite his initial protests! :)

John said...

This is really worth reading, it has too much details in it and yet it is so simple to understand, Thanks for sharing the picture it has great detail in it and i really appreciate your true artistic work!


Online GED Diploma

John said...

This is really worth reading, it has too much details in it and yet it is so simple to understand, Thanks for sharing the picture it has great detail in it and i really appreciate your true artistic work!


Online GED Diploma

Sam said...

I hadn't even heard of this before! Which probably isn't suprising as I rarely keep up with movies now. :D I quite like Anna Kendrick too so I'll definitely keep this in mind. :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh I just saw a commercial trailer for this one, I don't watch much tv anymore, but it looked like a great fun watch. So glad to see you enjoyed it. :) Thank you!

Aylee said...

Yay, I'm so happy to hear you loved this because I've been really curious about it! I mostly like Glee and I love the actors in this one, too, so I think I'll probably really enjoy it! I might wait until it's out on DVD though because I don't tend to go out to see a lot of movies. Thanks for the review, Lauren!

....Petty Witter said...

Liking the sound of this. It must have a later release date here in England as I haven't even seen any adverts for it.

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Ahh a guy that sings and loves the Breakfast Club, I want one, too!

Vegan YA Nerds said...

Part of me really wants to see this, it sounds like a movie I will love and I like Anna but I really dislike Rebel and don't find her funny at all (she's been on tv way too much over here). But I enjoyed your review and think I should see this!

Jennifer said...

I think I would really love Beca's storyline and this movie looks so awesome and fun. Thanks for sharing your review :)


Jennifer @ Dream Reads