Sunday, December 16, 2012

K is for Kaori Glass



K is for Kaori Glass

Interview with Kaori, all images from her site

Questions by Lauren

Kaori Glass Etsy

1. Your products mostly feature mustaches. Any particular reason why?

It is from my dad who past away 5 years ago. He was in hospital after the kidney transplant surgery from my mom to him.

He liked his new mustache and I trimmed for him and he was excited to show off something new on his face to his grandchildren. Every mustache I paint, I think about him and makes me smile.


2. If you could tell a new customer to check out only one of your products, what would that be and why?

It is hard..I like most of my stuff. But I would pick this set.






Mugs are already made somewhere, and by handpainting on them makes them special. Not stickers or decals. I love making stuff using my skill and talent to make them special. This set includes lips which you can see highlighting and shading using sideroad brush technique.


3. Celebrity game time: Name your favorite famous mustache!

Shemar Moore!!!!


(Ed: check him out on IMDB if you want to see what he looks like!)

8 comments:

Sam said...

I love those mugs! Very simple but memorable designs. :) Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

Those mugs are quite nice and I like the story behind them. I love Shemar Moore!! *melts* he's from Criminal Minds which I used to watch obsessively before I read obsessively! :)

kaoribusca said...

Thank you very much for sharing my handpainted items on your blog. It is deeply appreciated. And thank you so mcuh everyone of you who left comments. It means so much to me.Happy Holidays.
Kaoriglass
Kaori Busca

Candace said...

Mustaches are really big now (anywhere but on faces anyway...) and I cant say I get it, but I do kind of like the simple design. I also like the reason for doing the mustache design, that definitely makes it even more awesome! I'm going to check out the site!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Ohh, these really look great. I think I'd go with the orange and black ones, and I like both on the second picture. The idea is just too adorable, I don't think I've ever seen something like it around here.

Erika said...

Ooh, I love the Lips and Mustache Mugs - the perfect his and hers gifts! :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I missed these the other day. I love the mustaches. So fun and different. Thanks for sharing!

Vegan YA Nerds said...

I love the personal story behind these mugs, it's a lovely way to remember her dad :)

I love the lips and 'stache set!


blog advertising is good for you