Sunday, February 3, 2013

It's the Superbowl, My Dear Watson


Last Friday, I did a post about The Following and how it's one of my new favorite shows. Well, so is Elementary...I haven't done a post about this one yet, so I wanted to do so really quick.

Tonight, after the Super Bowl, you can catch a new episode of Elementary! This show stars Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes and Lucy Liu as a female Watson, named Joan. I'm a huge fan of the BBC Sherlock that brought Holmes into the modern day...but I really love Elementary too, which does the same.

There are plenty of differences, though, to make it interesting. First off, Elementary is an hour long show every week, whereas BBC Sherlock has three 90 minute episodes per season. Holmes is British, but the show takes place in New York. One of the big differences, of course, is that Watson is a female. Don't worry...there is no Watson/Holmes romance and I've read that the creators of the show never want there to be. I'm pretty stoked about that, personally. Also, Watson is a doctor but she's also living with Holmes because she's his sober companion. And then you do get other characters that Sherlock fans will know from pretty much any adaptation like Irene Adler and Moriarty.

Who else is watching this show? Are you just as intrigued by it as I am? (please no spoilers so as not to ruin it for others- and I also need to watch this past Thursday's episode still before tonight)!

8 comments:

Erika said...

As a diehard fan of Sherlock Holmes, I think I need to check this show out ASAP!! :)

L-Diggitty said...

I've been wanting a new show to watch! I swear, I've been spending so much time feeding this new baby that I'm DESPERATE for good shows to watch! I've been wanting to watch HBO's "Girls" too.

Sorry I haven't been good at commenting lately, things have been a little hectic but I'm trying to keep up :)

elena said...

I'm behind on this show but I enjoy it a lot! I think Lucy Liu is faaaab and I like Johnny too. I hope it gets a bigger audience with the Super Bowl push. :D

Bookworm1858 said...

I really enjoy Elementary-I have a lot of fun watching it and was surprised but pleased to see it get the after Super Bowl slot. I still need to watch Thursday's episode but then I'll be ready for tonight's!

Vegan YA Nerds said...

Ooh, you had me at Jonny Lee Miller - will have to check this show out!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

No more TV shows, I'm already way too addicted!

Karen said...

I haven't watched too much TV in awhile but I saw a commercial for this the other day and it looked pretty good. I'll have to try to catch up.

LHughes said...

I've wanted to check out both Elementary and the BBC Sherlock, but haven't yet! I also love the fact that they aren't planning on having Sherlock/Watson be a romantic couple! There aren't enough platonic m/f friendships these days!


blog advertising is good for you