Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Top FOUR Tuesday: Songs that Remind Me of Books

Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic from The Broke and the Bookish is actually a freebie-- so I decided to go with ---

Top Four Songs that Remind Me Of Books!

I love finding songs that make me think of novels, and it's something I try and add to my reviews when I can. I wish I could figure out songs for more novels than I do, but sometimes it's a bit difficult. However, today, I'm going to share some songs that remind me of books (some of these have been on the blog before - in the book review- while others are songs I have yet to share).

Yeah, I know, it's Top Ten Tuesday...but I'm running late and I could only get four songs posted, so enjoy my random Top Four Post!

1. Chasing Windmills by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Song: "Weird" by Hanson



2. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Song: "Dear Friend" by Stacie Orrico


3. The Suicide Shop by Jean Teulé

Song: "Worst Case Scenario" by The Hoosiers


4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Song: "Don't Speak" by No Doubt (to explain, I see this as Ginny's song, in regards to Harry, at the end of the novel)


12 comments:

Cascia Talbert said...

Interesting list. I've never thought of comparing songs to books. I'd have to really think hard to come up with a list for myself.

Liviania said...

I can kind of see Ginny with No Speak there, but that was definitely a connection that took me a moment.

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

i am the worst at play lists and all that when it comes to books. I never can relate songs. I am just not that creative!

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I love "Don't Speak!" It's such a great song. :)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Yaay, I LOVE Don't Speak for Ginny and Harry, it's such an excellent choice. I actually haven't read any of these other ones. *runs away in shame* but I do like the songs.

Erika said...

Yes to # 4 - because I love Harry Potter and No Doubt! :D

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

oh love the list and how you put them towards books. I wouldn't have thought about Don't Speak and Ginny!

So creative!

GABY said...

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought about Don't Speak but I can't see Ginny singing it

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

LOVE your Harry Potter pick!

Have you noticed that some authors have actual soundtracks to go with their books? Stephenie Meyer does it and I LOVE that.

Medeia Sharif said...

Interesting post. I've never paired songs with books.

I like The Hoosiers song.

....Petty Witter said...

Interesting. I've actually read two books lately (one being a Jodi Picoult) in which a CD came with the book, the idea being certain songs accompanied certain chapters. Not sure if I like the idea (I only listened to the CD's afterwards) or thought it too much of a gimmick.

L-Diggitty said...

I don't know the other songs, except for the "Don't Speak" reference. Now I'm going to start making myself think about related songs when I'm reading books... I really like this idea, especially since you could listen to the song after you've finished a good book that you don't want to end yet :)