Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gift Guide of Geeky Items for Babies

I think most of my readers would refer to themselves as a geek in some regard. I know I personally do! So, I thought it would be fun to create a gift guide of cute items for all the little ones in our life! These are all suitable for babies, but I'd be happy to make a geeky kids gift guide for toddlers to pre-teens if people are interested. Just let me know!

 
First up, we have these Tardis baby soft sole shoes based on Doctor Who, of course. These are from Turning Heart on etsy. There are also a lot of other fun, geeky items for yourself and the babies!


This is a Harry Potter onesie that reads "I Solemnly Swear That I am up to No Good." You can choose from a variety of options and they even have shirts available for toddlers! This comes from InkDropsNVinyl on etsy and you even get free shipping!


Maybe you have or know twins, and you would like to get them something to match! These Player 1 and 2 video game bibs are so cute! If one of my friends had twins, she would LOVE these. These bibs are from etsy shop Gamer Mom Creations, so definitely look around for more fun gaming items.


Every mom needs a burp cloth, so why not get her some a bit more personal? I think these Nerd in Training burp cloths are too adorable, and I would love them if I were having a kid. Etsy shop 4 My 4 Creations have a lot of other geeky fun items for your little one, so be sure to browse!


I am dying to buy some of these books for my niece and nephew, but I also want to stock up for my own future kids! I'm a huge reader, so I think it's fun you can get board books based around classic novels like Romeo and Juliet and Sherlock Holmes (a personal favorite). These books all come from the company BabyLit. You can order them from their site, but other places sell them too. Each book has a certain theme, like Sherlock Holmes is a Sounds primer and A Christmas Carol (great for the holidays!) is a Colors Primer.


Finally, I leave you with another book idea; Star Wars ABC board book. I found this via Think Geek, and they have some other adorable gift ideas for kids! I have another friend that would just adore this book, so I might have to get it for her in the future. Here is an example from the book, for the letter S.


***
I hope you enjoyed some of these items for the little ones in your life! Again, leave a comment below if you want geeky items for older kids, or if you have any other gift guide ideas you'd like me to focus on.

17 comments:

Erika Sorocco said...

Those shoes are so cute!!

xx

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Love that little Harry Potter onesie!

Tracy Terry said...

Loving the 'nerd in training' cloths.

Liviania said...

I love the BabyLit books!

Andrea @The Bookish Babes said...

I am so excited about this post! I think I might get my niece that HP onesie! So adorable. And the BabyLit books too. My kids love Star Wars, but are too old for those books

Thanks so much for sharing!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness I love these! I don't have a baby but when I do, I am certainly buying him/her tardis shoes and the Harry Potter onesie. :-) Thanks for sharing!

Synchronized Reading said...

That HP shirt ;) and those shoes!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

I have a niece on the way and I SO want to get her the Nerd in Training cloth! Because seriously, I just know she'll be just like her aunt.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Love all these items! I am so nerdy! LOL

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Who knew they made all this geeky baby stuff. My kids are beyond this now, bummer!

Candace said...

It's a good thing my baby isn't a baby anymore! Baby things are the hardest to resist! The Star Wars ABC board book needs to go to my friends boyfriend. He is all about everything star wars and would love it for their daughter!

Rachel said...

Of course I love the baby lit! How cute is that?!! All these items are super cute. :)

Medeia Sharif said...

These are so cute, especially the clothing items.

Brandi Kosiner said...

Love the weasley onsie

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

These are so very adorable! I actually have that Star Wars ABC book. lol And I had gotten my oldest a few HP t-shirts like that when he was 1YO! It's so fun to geek your kids out on the stuff you love. :)

kimbacaffeinate said...

Ooo the Doctor Who baby slippers make me want to have another just to buy them..LOL

Bookworm1858 said...

I love the Star Wars ABC book-so cute and just perfect for the geeky kid. I don't have kids but I'd totally give them that.