Wednesday, November 20, 2013

One Ends, Another Begins Two-Book Challenge

Microsoft word image, do not own
 
There are so many book challenges in the blogosphere, but I know I don't always have the time to complete them...or I simply just get busy and forget to document! Therefore, I decided to do a Two-Book Challenge that I hope people will join me in doing!
 
One Ends, Another Begins Book Challenge
 
1. Choose the level of book you want to read: young adult, adult, middle grade, picture book, etc. Your choice!
 
2. Then go to your local library and grab the first and last book in that section. Hopefully your books' authors will have an A name and a Z name, but I know that might not happen!
 
3. Read and review the LAST book on New Year's Eve (December 31st) to say goodbye to 2013 and then read and review the FIRST book on New Year's Day (January 1st) to welcome in the new year.
 
That's it! Simple enough, and you only have to read two books. I also think it will be a nice way to open yourself up to some books you might not normally read! I already have my titles but I'm not going to share them until Monday, December 2nd. On that day, if you wish to take part, please share the books you have chosen to read! You can always share your titles later too!
 
If you are good with making images, I'd love for someone to create a button for this challenge! I think it would be nice to have people post it on their blog in the sidebar or even create a blog post to let others know about this challenge! If we get enough people to take part, I'll even try and create a giveaway or two for participants!

10 comments:

Tanja - Tanychy said...

WOW this sounds great!! Only problem books in my library are divided by countries not genres, knowing my luck I'll stuck with some historicals xD Maybe I should do this with my books on the shelf. We shall see. Great idea :)

Erika Sorocco said...

This sounds like so much fun!!

xx

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Sounds fun to me!

Liviania said...

This sounds fun - please put up a reminder close to the end of the year!

Tracy Terry said...

Sounds like a fun challenge, and certainly one that is a bit different.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

What a fun challenge. One day I'm going to do several of these.

kimbacaffeinate said...

What a fun challenge..i will be sure to mention it on the Sunday Post this week :)

Alise (Readers In Wonderland) said...

Okay, these seems awesome. I love leaving things up to chance! Although I would definitely be tempted to chose again if I didn't like the selection, ha!

Candace said...

This does sound fun! I might want to change it to books from my own shelves though since I really need to try to fit more of them in so I can donate a few more. Maybe my huge shelf of books from ALA. They aren't alphabetized, but that's okay.

Lauren Elizabeth said...

This sounds like fun, but I might modify it like Candace since I'm so behind in my own TBR pile and that would kill two birds. :-) But I do like the sense of chance and serendipity, so maybe I'll just do the library after all!