Thursday, December 26, 2013

Who Says You Have to Start Shopping Now?

 
 
Who Says You Have to Start Shopping Now?

Immediately after Christmas (and for some, the day of), there are tons and tons of sales. You can find them online and in-stores and it's honestly a bit overwhelming!! We just spent a lot of money to make Christmas a lovely holiday for ourselves, our friends, and our families. Now we have to think about all the wonderfully priced items we could still buy? Last year I did take advantage of some of these sales for the next Christmas. It's never a bad idea to use sales to get holiday shopping done a bit early. It did help me find some great things to give. However, like I said, we just spent a lot of money and it's not always easy to find the cash or credit needed to start shopping all over again.

Yes, I did buy something from Bath and Body Works today. I did it online because the sales were too good to pass up and most of the scents I wanted were online exclusives. Otherwise, I would have gone to the store, found the same prices, and saved on shipping. Regardless, I have a few items to use for future gifts now (birthdays and/or next Christmas) and that's always a good feeling. That doesn't mean I want to go as crazy as I did last year. Planning gifts throughout the year was nice, and fun for me since I do like to shop for others, but it also allowed me to over give if you will. It's easy to find discounts and good deals, snatching them up, and then realizing you have eight or nine gifts for one person.

So, today's discussion is this: do you shop after Christmas sales? Are you buying for yourself, or others, if you do? And if you don't shop the sales, why not?

17 comments:

Erika Sorocco said...

Minimally. I will visit a few of my favorite websites to see what's on sale after Christmas. If I see something that really catches my eye, or if something I have been wishlisting for awhile pops up, I'll buy. I did score a few cute things from Ulta after Christmas that will work as gifts next year.

xx

Aneeqah said...

Ah, Bath and Body Works! Now I'm going to have to go to their website to see what kinds of sales you're talking about... ;)

Because my family doesn't celebrate anything this time of year, we always go shopping after Christmas! It's when the sales are good, so we buy some things for ourselves, and sometimes, like you talked about, year-round gifts, like things we can give at a birthday party. It just makes sense for us to take advantage of the post-Christmas sales. =)

Lovely discussion post! <3

Synchronized Reading said...

I usually try to do a little bit of after Christmas shopping but this year I didn't for some reason. I just wasn't in the mood to be in crowds and things like that. :) Great post and you got to love bath and body works!

Janina @ Synchronized Reading

Sara said...

I don't buy gifts for others. I feel like this is my chance to buy the stuff I asked for that nobody got me.

The only thing I usually buy after Christmas is wrapping paper and crap like that. Mostly because I can't justify spending $7 on a roll of paper that will end up in the trash. I feel better paying $2. :)

bermudaonion said...

I don't shop after Christmas sales but I should.

kimbacaffeinate said...

This is sad but I loathe shopping and hate crowds. If I am out I will look for sales but for the most part I shop when needed.

Elisa Sims said...

Most years I do at least a little after Christmas shopping (usually just to use the fun gift cards I got), but it's so different when you have to haul a baby around-- so this year it's a no-go for me!

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

The day after Christmas I always plan on doing nothing, because I spend so much time cleaning and cooking for a couple days, but after that I like to look around. I probably don't take enough advantage of the sales though.

Eileen said...

omg I went to Bath and Body Works just yesterday and all these lotions and fragrances were only 3 dollars and I was so happy! It definitely is an evil placement because we just spent money doing Christmas shopping and then there are even more sales right after. Usually I don't shop right after Christmas, but this year one of my mom's friends came over from China and we went shopping so I got a bunch of stuff with the sales. My family isn't really big on Christmas, so we rarely buy any presents, and I recently got obsessed with clothes and stuff. I agree, I like to take advantage of the sales. Also, the fact that you can store up on gifts is always a plus :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

All my money is going to the wedding, so no sale shopping for me.

shweta sarawgi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shweta sarawgi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shweta sarawgi said...

I always shop a lott in sales :)
Glam n Gloss

Candace said...

I went shopping with my MIL yesterday, she had to get a couple more gifts and my grandpa, grandma and great aunt each sent us money so we can buy some stuff. So the kids each got a toy. I picked up a couple random things for the gift box but I have found that I'm just not really in the mood until it's the Christmas season again. Plus I hate storing the stuff. I imagine once the kids get older that might change though.

Liviania said...

I bought a couple of really nice ($50) ornaments for $4, a soap for mother's birthday, and three books. I love post-Christmas sales.

Trish Hannon said...

I don't bother with the sales. I love having a bit of time off work over Christmas and I like to spend that at home relaxing and not battling crowds in shops. I will admit to checking the daily deals on Amazon though!

GABY said...

I went to an outlet after Christmas and it was madness!


blog advertising is good for you