Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bout of Books Goal Post


My post before this explains what the Read-A-Thon is and gives you a link to find more information. This post, on the other hand, is where I will keep track of my reading every day. The read-a-thon goes from Monday the 12th to Sunday the 18th, so I will hopefully get a bit of reading done everyday!

Time Devoted to Reading

I will aim to read something everyday, but I know some days will be better than others.

My Goals

My main goal is just to have fun. This is my first read-a-thon and I'd really like to read as many books as I can, since I'm not a super fast reader. I might try and do some challenges too but my schedule this week is already full, so I don't want too many posts on the same day.

Books to Read

I really want to read at least two books this week - See You In Hell by Demelza Carlton (for a review) and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (for a book club). Besides those, it would be fun to read at least one or two other books that I just have on my shelf!

Updates

Monday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 0
Books: Currently reading See You In Hell (at 30 percent) and Absolutely True Diary (read about 30 pages)

Tuesday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 0
Books: See You In Hell (30 percent still) and Absolutely True Diary ( pg. 150)

Wednesday

Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: I finished Absolutely True Diary, I'm halfway through See You In Hell and I'm about a 100 pages into a library book called I Had Brain Surgery, What's Your Excuse?

Thursday

Number of books I've read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 1
Books: I'm still reading Brain Surgery and See You In Hell. I'm more than halfway finished; I hope to get at least one book finished tomorrow.

Friday

Number of books I've read today:1
Total number of books I've read: 2
Books: I finished I Had Brain Surgery, What's Your Excuse? I'm more than halfway through See You In Hell...almost finished!

Saturday

Number of books I've read today: 2
Total number of books I've read: 4
Books: I finished See You in Hell and The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt today. That makes my read-a-thon total at 4 books. I never read that much in a week, so I'm super excited!! I don't think I can get any more finished by tomorrow night, but I'll definitely start something new.

Sunday 

Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 5
Books: I finished The Baker Street Letters by Michael Robertson. It was great, and a quick read!

7 comments:

Andrea Thompson said...

Oh, good for you! I like read-a-thons a lot, but never sign up bc of timing. Good luck w/your goals!

Tracy Terry said...

I also like the idea of read-a-thons but have yet to participate in one myself. Perhaps this would have been a good one to start with as it doesn't sound too restrictive - oh well, maybes another time.

Good luck.

Kindlemom said...

I have seen this one around lately and it looks like a lot of fun. good luck with all your reading goals and I agree, the most important thing is to have fun!

Angela's Anxious Life said...

Good luck on the readathon!! I know you are going to do great. It really is a stress free readathon. I loved the ATOAPI (I tried to abbreviate). That book is great!!! Have fun!!

L-Diggitty said...

Such a cool idea!!!

Ginny Gallagher said...

Darn it! I meant to sign up for this and combine it with my Clean Sweep ARC reading. Ugh!!!

You're about half way through the read-a-thon so how are you doing? I hope life is cooperating and letting you read!

Christine said...

Goals to read something every day and have fun are perfect for Bout of Books! Glad your week is going well & thanks for stopping by my blog :)