Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon


Happy Mother's Day!! I'll be out for a bit today spending time with the family. However, starting tomorrow, the Bout of Books read-a-thon begins. I've never done a read-a-thon but I've wanted to for a long time now. I figured I would try this one out since it lasts a week and I'm done with school for the semester. Hopefully I'll have time to get a few books finished! I'll try and post my goals for the week later today.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

7 comments:

A Voracious Reader said...

I've never done a read-a-thon. I need to add that to my list. :)

Lily B said...

woohoo! good luck!

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

OOoooo bout of books is starting soon, Thanks for the heads up :)

Jasprit said...

Sp glad that you've decided to take part in this too! Good luck! :)

Zoe N. said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Lauren! Glad to hear you're spending the day with your family - that's always great! :D

I haven't participated in any read-a-thons either, but I'm definitely going to take note of this. Thanks so much for sharing and good luck on your challenge! :D

~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

Kindlemom said...

Happy Mother's Day and good luck with the read-a-thon!!

Medeia Sharif said...

Sounds fun. I'd like to do a read-a-thon one day.