Thursday, May 8, 2014

Theming Thursday: Graduation Party and Gifts


Since it's the beginning of May now, I know a lot of people are probably getting ready to graduate! Whether you are planning a party or just need a gift idea, I hope you find something to use below.

Catch My Party is sharing some free printables from Printabelle. If you are planning a graduation party, these would be great as there are circles, thank you notes, a banner, an invitation, etc. that you can print off and use!

Catch My Party also shares Sarah Hope Designs' free printables for a graduation party. This was for back in 2012, but not every printable has the date so you can always use some of these items as well!


Needle in a Haystack shares how you can turn these Jones soda bottles into a really cute graduation gift. You get the bottles that match a school cover and then follow her directions for the little hats and even how to decorate the carrier if you wish! I think these would make great gifts, but they would also work well for a party (especially if you aren't inviting a lot of people since Jones can get expensive).


I found this photo through pinterest, but it didn't lead anywhere so I don't have a source (I do not own this photo though- just using it to share the idea!). At any rate, I think this would be really cute to have out at a Graduation party. You get a jar and decorate it to say Wishes and Wisdom and then direct people (with a sign, etc.) to leave the grad some fun messages. Lay out colored paper and some pens to write with, and voila! Your grad will have a lovely gift to keep after the party.

This is a similar idea to have out at a Graduation party. The above photo is from The Entertaining Shoppe and you can get this handcrafted jar for $32. However, it would be easy to make your own jar (like the Wishes and Wisdom jar). I like both ideas, but I think my favorite is this Memory Jar because it would be really fun to see what all the guests write!

Again, this was found via pinterest and there was no source. I do not own this image! Anyway, I really love this idea for a graduation gift. I did something similar for a friend a few years ago and she seemed to really like it. You just get a paint can or whatever you want to use, print out the poem on paper to cover the can and then fill the can with all the candy mentioned throughout the poem. You can see the poem above, but here it is written out:

you "rock"! after completing "mounds" of homework and "piecing" together all of your knowledge, you've finally hit "payday": graduation! as you head off to college, don't listen to any "snickers": you're no "dum dum"! you are one "hot tamale" on your "way" to making "100 grand"! congratulations on your graduation "smartie"!

14 comments:

Erika Sorocco said...

Yes to the Memory Jar!!

xx

Krysten Gautreaux said...

Those little hats on the Jones Soda is SO CUTE!

Kindlemom said...

I love those hats on the bottles and the memory jar is such a great and fun idea, I love it!

Brandi Kosiner said...

The hat and memory jar are great ideas

Liviania said...

I love the Jones Soda hats! (I was a big fan of Jones back when I drank soda.)

Cascia Talbert said...

They are all great gift ideas! I love the memory jar too. Have a terrific day!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

The memory jar is fantastic. what a great idea. Don't you hate it when you are on pinterest and the photo doesn't lead to the right thing.. grrr.

Lauren D. said...

These are such fantastic ideas! I love these themed posts, they always make me want to throw a party even if I don't have one coming up. I love the soda bottles and the memory jar. That's a really lovely idea! Thanks for sharing :-)

Eileen said...

These are so adorable! That memory jar and the paint can, they're so personal and super adorable :)

kimbacaffeinate said...

I love the Memory Jar and the caps on the soda pop..just too darn cute. I enjoy these posts Lauren!

Aylee said...

OMG I'm CRAZY about those little hats!! Such a simple idea, I'm surprised it's never occurred to me before. Totally brilliant! Of course, I wouldn't do it with Jones soda because last time I had one of those, I found a maggot floating around in there when I opened the bottle and haven't drank them since. Sorry, off-topic. But ANYWAYS, all these ideas are totally creative and fab!

Candace said...

I don't know anyone graduating, but these are cool ideas!

Cleo Bannister said...

You've found some really cool ideas there, I love the memory jar.

http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

A Voracious Reader said...

I would combine the two jars and make it the Wishes, Wisdom & Memories Jar. :)