Thursday, May 29, 2014

Theming Thursday: My Last Four Parties


Tomorrow is my birthday (I turn 24, in case you were curious) and so I thought I would use today's Theming Thursday to share some of the last themed parties I threw. If you aren't aware, I have a blog called All Grown Up Parties where I share parties and crafts that are for adults (though baby showers ARE included). You can follow along if you wish, but I try and post here at some point about any updates I make to the blog, since there isn't as much to post as there is on this blog.



Last October, a couple friends and I held a British themed Halloween party. Here is a shot of our kitchen table with food. You can find more details here.


For Christmas, a friend and I held a Nightmare Before Christmas themed party. The above photo is my friend's tree which she covered in fake cobwebs. For more details and photos, go here.


Near the end of February, I hosted a Favorite Things party with a "valentine's day/hearts theme." The above photo is some of the food we had and myself before the party. More details can be found here.


And finally, in the beginning of April, I held a Tim Burton themed baby shower for a friend of mine. This photo shows you most of the treats table with rice krispie and cake pops, cookies, candy, and there was even a Jack Skellington cake! More about the party can be found here.

There you have it! The last four parties I have planned and hosted. I have something a bit small going on this Saturday for my birthday, but I will share details soon!


What's the last party you threw, and did you have a theme?

17 comments:

Medeia Sharif said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

I love themed parties.

Kindlemom said...

Happy early birthday! What really fun ideas. You make me want to throw a great themed party just because now. ;)

Liviania said...

I hope you have as much fun on your birthday too!

Melliane said...

Oh I hope you'll have a wonderful time for your birthday. Enjoy!

Melliane said...

Oh I hope you'll have a wonderful time for your birthday. Enjoy!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Happy Birthday, Lauren. You are so darn fun and creative. I never have time to host parties these days and if I did, I would have you do it!

Cleo Bannister said...

Your themed parties are excellent, you are so creative! The last one we had was for Halloween but it wasn't as good as yours ;-)

http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

Synchronized Reading said...

Very creative and awesome. I hope you have a fantastic birthday! I'll be 24 this year as well, but my birthday isn't until October lol

Janina @ Synchronized Reading

Synchronized Reading said...

Very creative and awesome. I hope you have a fantastic birthday! I'll be 24 this year as well, but my birthday isn't until October lol

Janina @ Synchronized Reading

Andrea Thompson said...

You should do parties professionally! You're so clever and creative. Happy Birthday, Lauren!

Candace said...

I love all these parties! They look like a lot of fun! I wish I had a closer group of friends, it seems so hard for us to get together. Usually it's only 2-4 of us when we go out to a movie or something.

Happy Birthday!

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Love all those themes. What fun. Hope you had a wonderful day!

kimbacaffeinate said...

Such great themes. I want a Doctor Who party!

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

Love it. :) And Happy Birthday!!!

Montana @ The Book Belles said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had an amazing day. I really love the British themed party that you hosted, especially with how good the food looks for that :)

Lauren D. said...

What awesome parties, these look so fun! Happy birthday!!

Ginny Gallagher said...

Happy late Birthday!!!! I love themed parties! Actually I love themed anything! ;) One day I am going to have a book themed party! :)