Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sept. Subscriptions: Geeky Boxes


Welcome to the first Subscription Box post of September. When I asked what you all wanted to see last week, the most specific answer was "geeky" so I decided to go ahead and showcase some options that fall under that label. None of these are things I have personally received for review. However, I'll share what I think regardless! If you know any of these, feel free to share your experience too.

Loot Crate- $13.37 a month + s/h

Loot Crate is great for fans of all things geeky as well as gaming. I'm not a gamer, but I'm still super curious about subscribing to this because they have really cool items PLUS I know some gamers that might enjoy some of the items I can't personally use. Loot Crate is awesome because they share past crates so you can see what items were included in previous months. Sure, your box will be a surprise, but you'll know the theme (September is Galactic) and you'll know what they could include. Loot Crate ships to a variety of countries including Great Britain, Canada, and more.



Nerd Block - either 13.99 or 19.99 a month + s/h (you choose the box's theme)

Nerd Block offers a lot of choice for what you want to receive when subscribing to these toy subscription boxes. There is the Classic Box, Nerd Block Jr. boys and Nerd Block Jr. girls (items for nerds aged 6 to 11), Arcade Block (all about video games), and Horror Block. The Jr boxes are $13.99 and all the other boxes are $19.99. If my niece and nephew were older, I would totally think about these boxes for them! Visit this link to see the countries Nerd Block ships to!


My Geek Box-  £16.99 (includes postage) when you subscribe

My Geek Box is from the U.K., but I came across a blog that says they now ship to the U.S. for a reasonable shipping fee. I'm afraid I don't know the amount as it's not stated on the website without signing up. However, if you're in the U.K, you can get your boxes every month with FREE POSTAGE! The price includes shipping, which I think is awesome. Each month the theme is different, so you're going to get all sorts of fun geeky items. Visit this link to see some past themes.


Geek Me Box - $29.99 (shipping included)

Geek Me Box costs almost $30 a month, but that also includes shipping. However, they are only shipping to the U.S. and Canada (I assume shipping is included for Canada too, but I can't say for sure, as it's not stated in the FAQ section). They used to have set themes every month, but they stopped that in August because they want a variety of items that more people will enjoy every month. Also, you get 5-8 items in each box! I like that they aren't doing themes (even though I DO love themes) because more people are likely to find something they enjoy in each box.



My Geeky Goodies- $22.99 to $24.99 a month, with FREE SHIPPING (in the U.S.)

My Geeky Goodies is probably the newest geek-themed subscription box as its first box came out last month! The prices are pretty good for the U.S, and I love that it includes free shipping. My Geeky Goodies offers Canadian and International Subscriptions as well, but the cost is different (free shipping is included in all subscriptions though!) I'll be curious to see what items are included in future boxes to truly have an opinion, but so far, I think it's a nice subscription!

14 comments:

Medeia Sharif said...

I don't subscribe to anything, but these subscriptions look tempting.

Erika Sorocco said...

These sound like so much fun!

xx

Kindlemom said...

These do look tempting and I can't wait to see what is inside of them!

Candace said...

Thank you for sharing these! I'm definitely going to look them up!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I am looking forward to seeing what subscriptions you pick.

Andrea Thompson said...

I bet my son would like these, when he's a bit older. Thanks for sharing!

Cleo Bannister said...

A fantastic gift idea especially as the recipient gets a box every month - thanks for highlighting all the options.

Karen said...

These sound fun even though I wouldn't' have much use for them myself.

I subscribe to Graze. They send healthy snacks every month.

Karen @ For What It's Worth

kimbacaffeinate said...

These are clever and what great gift this would make someone, each month they would get cool stuff!

Alise said...

Oooh, I am loving all these geeky boxes, I already see some goodies I would love to have. Plus I've always wanted to join a subscription for boxes like these.

Angela's Anxious Life said...

I have a few friends who subscribe to loot crate and love it. They always post a picture of it each month and I am so jealous of what they receive. That is a great subscription.

Krysten Quiles said...

I soooo want to do one of these for my hubs for his birthday!

Lauren D. said...

I've never done a subscription box but these definitely look cool, maybe I'll give it a try!

Michelle @ In Libris Veritas said...

We have a subscription to Lootcrate and it's pretty good most of the time. One of us always has some interest in the items, and we always fight over the t-shirt. I've been thinking about getting Nerdblox because every box comes with a t-shirt.