Friday, June 5, 2015

Bunbury 2015: A Look At This Weekend's Artists



Today is the first day of Bunbury 2015- the annual music festival in Cincinnati, Ohio. The image above gives you a list of who will be attending the festival, though you'll have to visit the website to see which artist plays what day/time. I am going to go everyday but it's a packed weekend, so I won't be able to spend as much time as I have in the past. However, I thought I'd start the weekend sharing some videos of a few of the artists I do hope to see live this weekend. I'll keep updating the blog in the next week or so with photos, recaps, and more!

Friday: Walk the Moon

I'm sure this will be a big crowd as Walk the Moon is a Cincinnati band. I've never seen them live, though, so I think it would be a really fun show. Check out songs such as "Shut Up and Dance" and "Anna Sun". Video for "Shut Up and Dance" below.


Saturday: Kacey Musgraves

The song I included for Kacey is called "Follow Your Arrow" and I love how it's all about "damned if you do, damned if you don't" so you should just be yourself. She's a country singer, but I think a lot of people would like it. I was surprised to see she'd be at Bunbury, but I'm excited!



Sunday: Brand New

I have never seen Brand New live, so this would be a great opportunity as I really love a lot of their music. Picking something to share is a bit difficult but here we go...The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows.


So there you go, a brief preview of what is to come at Bunbury 2015! If you're nearby, think about grabbing a ticket for this weekend, and if not, I hope you enjoy these posts and maybe you'll think about joining us for 2016.

13 comments:

Jillian Lopez said...

This looks so exciting! I've never been to music festival before (or maybe they don't have them from where I am), but I really do want to join one real soon! I love music :) I'm a fan of Walk the Moon, and I love Shut Up and Dance! Hope you get to see the lovely artists/bands sing live!! :D

Jillian @ Jillian's Books

Erika Sorocco said...

I always love your coverage of this festival - I can't wait to hear more!

xx

Tracy Terry said...

Loving the lyrics of Follow Your Arrow.

Kiss lots of boys, make lots of noise - sounds like good advice to me.

Kindlemom said...

This looks like it is going to be so much fun, I hope you have a great time!!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Some great talent. Have a wonderful time and a terrific weekend.

Marianne @ The Book Belles said...

Oh man you're going to see Walk the Moon! I didn't realise they also sang "Anna Sun"! I love them even more now <3 I hope you really enjoy it at Bunbury. :)

Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms.

Melanie said...

Ooh a music festival? Sounds like so much fun!! Have a brilliant time, Lauren! <33

Medeia Sharif said...

I enjoy your summer music festival posts. Great songs posted.

Coco said...

Fantastic! Enjoy the festival!!
Baci,
Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

Claudia Arroyo said...

I love music festivals! This is actually one of the few things I miss about living in the city. The artists you've shared on this post are all new to me, but I absolutely loved Kacey Musgraves' voice; so beautiful :)

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Looks like an awesome lineup! Hope you have an awesome time!

Diva Booknerd said...

That Shut Up and Dance song is HUGE in Australia right now. I have it on my iPod. Absolutely love it! Big fan of the Black Keys as well. Not so much Snoop Dogg. Ugh he's a tool. I hope you're having a fabulous time Lauren and can't wait to hear all about it when you return <3

Karen Alderman said...

Awesome lineup!!