Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday Post + Swapoween Reveal


This is the first time I've done Sunday Post but I love reading everyone's weekly recaps, so I thought I would try and jump in. Sunday Post is hosted by Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Last Week...

Because you can easily go back and see what posts I have done on ShootingStarsMag, I thought I would share the past week's posts from Let's Get Beyond Tolerance instead:

Monday: Musical Mondays - "Kings" by Years and Years

Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday: Look Both Ways 

Friday: Let's Discuss: The Future of This Blog (What do you want to see?!) 

This Week...

I actually like the idea of keeping what posts are coming up a secret. Plus, I don't always have the week planned out so I don't want to say too much in case I'm wrong. However, I will say that there should be a review of Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin sometime this week and I'll be featuring some personalized Peanuts books this Thursday! I do love the Peanuts. 

Extra, Extra

Now it's time to show off what I got from my Swapoween partner, hosted by Chaotic Goddess Swaps. I love taking part in swaps. I know a lot of the don't allow for international entries because so many swappers are from the U.S. or Canada and shipping can be pricey. However, I have a question--

Who would be interested in doing a swap if International people could enter?



I was matched up with the blog The O.W.L. who also loves books so that was exciting! You can see what I got her HERE!


I really like when your swap partner will talk to you via email to really try and see what you would like. Since we both like to read, we gave a mini list of books that were on our wish list. I'm so excited to read these books (A Madness So Discreet and an ARC of Nightfall). She also included some gloves that will glow in the dark, a skeleton mug, some monster magnet bookmarks, Dove chocolate that is wrapped to look like an eyeball (Yum!), and some other fun goodies.


I really love Halloween and I enjoyed doing this swap again this year. You should definitely keep an eye out for the swap that is up next - I believe it's the 12 days of Christmas one!

Thank you so much to Jill from The O.W.L!!

18 comments:

The Bibliophile Babe said...

What a fun swap!

kimbacaffeinate said...

*dances* Yay..so happy you are joining us, it is a fun group and I love getting to know everyone. I adore the cover of A Madness So Discreet. fantastic Swap..what fun. I should do that one year. Hope your week is amazing!! Now hand over a Dove chocolate nice and slow like...

Joyous Reads said...

This sounds like fun! Have a great week, hun!

Tanya Atkinson said...

I have Wolf by Wolf on hold at the library and am pretty excited about that one. Ive been seeing A Madness So Discreet *everywhere* lately and hearing great things about it. Hope you enjoy it! Looks like you had a great swap partner. :)

Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

Kindlemom said...

Great swap box congrats!!

Liviania said...

I need to read Wolf by Wolf, so I look forward to your review!

Sarah @ One Curvy Blogger said...

OMG yayw hat an awesome swap. I hope you love Nightfall, I really want that book, too. :D

Christy LoveOfBooks said...

What a fun swap! I never share what I'll post next, because it can so easily change. lol.

Lindsey said...

What a nice swap! :)


Lindsey

Alise said...

Ooh, fun! I enjoyed Nightfall and LOVED A Madness so Discreet :D I'm also really curious about Wolf by Wolf.

Kristin @ My ParaHangover said...

That swap idea is fabulous! I've never heard of it before but I'll have to check it out. Although, the holidays? Hmmm, I'm already stressed around then...

But holy cow! So many goodies she got you! What an awesome swap :D

Have a great week! And yeah, I don't list my upcoming posts, either. I never know what I might change :P

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

I love the idea of a swap like that. Looks like you got a great bunch of things! Have a great week!

Lexxie Lin said...

Welcome to the Sunday Post fun, Lauren!
That swap looks like a lot of fun! And I would love to participate in swaps, however, shipping from Switzerland is extremely pricey, even inside of Europe, so I'm not sure if it would actually be worth it :(
Have a wonderful week and happy reading.
Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

Tracy Terry said...

What a wonderful lot of goodies. I've always longed to join in one of these swaps but as you rightly point out as they are mostly based in the US living in the UK means it can prove expensive to all parties. Perhaps I should get my finger out and organise a Europe swap .... now there's an idea.

Beth W said...

What a great haul! I've been eyeing A Madness So Discreet. It sounds fantastic! And I love that the gloves have glow-in-the-dark webs. Fun! Thanks for joining us for this swap- I'm so glad you and your partner had so much in common. :D

Candace said...

Love it! I want A Madness So Discreet, I love the cover!

Sharons Book Nook! said...

Nice goodies you've scored there!

Beth said...

Oh, those swaps seem like so much fun! I love the idea! (On another note, why is EVERYONE reading A Madness so Discrete right now, when I'm stuck in a book buying ban? WHY?????)
Beth x
www.thequietpeople.com