Tuesday, October 6, 2015

You're The One I Want!!


For whatever reason, October 6 seems to be the day that I want ALL THE BOOKS! Actually, it's only three, but that's still a big deal for me. Normally I don't really want to buy any books on a weekly basis - or if I do, it's one here or there. But today, I thought I'd share the three books I need to get my hands on ASAP!

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - Amazon link


Because it takes me awhile to read certain books that I have not received for review, I just recently finished Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and I'm in love. I knew I would be though, as I'm totally a fangirl. I loved the story Cath was writing about Simon and Baz, so I think it's awesome that has now been made into a legit book we can all read and enjoy.

A Madness So Discreet by MindyMcGinnis - Amazon link 


I haven't read anything by Mindy McGinnis, but this book! It sounds so fantastic. I love books that deal with mental illness and this one sounds perfect for the time of the year - spooky, suspenseful type of read! For whatever reason I never paid much attention to what this book was about until recently when I read a full review of the book. After that, I knew I needed it!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Illustrated Edition by Jim Kay) - Amazon link


Umm...hello?! It's Harry Potter! I always want everything Harry Potter and this has been on my wish list since I found out it was happening. I believe Jim Kay is illustrating all the books, but the first is released today and I NEED IT! I've seen some of his illustrations online and I really like them, so I'm curious to see the rest. This would be a great time to finally re-read the Harry Potter books.

***

Alright everyone - Share your thoughts! Have you read any of these yet? Do you want any of these books, or are there other books released today that you need?

13 comments:

Erika Sorocco said...

I'm DYING for the new Harry Potter edition! I'm hoping that, since it's illustrated, it will be a way to get my nephew started on the series!

xx

Jennifer Humphries said...

That illustrated edition looks amazing! Going to add that to the Christmas book list!

Sarah @ One Curvy Blogger said...

So many aweomse books are releasing this month! (and this week!!) All the blue soon-to-be releases are taking over my blogging calendar lol

Karen Alderman said...

I've had Fangirl sitting on my shelf for years now. I did read Landline last year.

October is big month for book releases this year!

Karen @For What It's Worth

Tracy Terry said...

Knowing lots of people who are barely able to wait for the illustrated Harry Potter book. Likewise the new re-imagined Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I'm personally holding out for book two in Gregory Funaro's Alistair Grim series.

Kindlemom said...

I hear you! I have months like that and sadly, they are almost always months were we have a lot going on and money ins't there to buy them all, like Christmas!
I definitely do want to see that H.P. though! I bet it is fabulous!!

Heidi Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I just got the HP on my doorstep, I was most impressed. The illustrations are goregeous and it is substantial. I am curious about the Rowell book, but not jumping on board. I love her stuff, but the SImon Baz stuff was my least favorite part of Fangirl, so I am not sure I will enjoy it.

Kristin @ My ParaHangover said...

It's kind of a whole Harry Potter day, sort of, huh? Fangirl and Harry Potter? Okay, well... It IS a great month for new books, that's for sure!!

Adriana Garcia said...

I was on tumble and a bunch of booklrs were talking about how all the books are coming out today. I think even Magnus Chase was mentioned???
I'm really excited that Harry Potter is having it's own illustrated books now. Even more perfect fo kids at storytime.
I completely forgot that Carry On was becoming a real book. It's kind of a dream come true. I may have to get it very soon.

The Bibliophile Babe said...

I need to grab a Rainbow Rowell book!

Naomi Hop said...

Oooh... I like the look of A Madness So Discreet! Enjoy them all Melissa!

Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Shannon Miz said...

Oooh I liked A Madness So Discreet so much! I love all of Mindy's books, she has a brilliant way of creating a perfect atmosphere! I still need to read Fangirl (I know, a fail!) so I can read Carry On! Hope you enjoy these :)
Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

Ana said...

The Harry Potter Illustrated edition feels like a need. I would have to save up for that one though. I grabbed a copy of Carry On, but haven't started reading it yet. I'm kind of scared since I loved Fangirl and Simon & Baz's story there, I want to love this book too. Crossing my fingers that it will be an automatic favorite like Fangirl.