Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Ho-Ho-Ho Read-A-Thon Goal Post + 12 Days of Christmas Swap


Bookshelfery and Caffeinated Book Review are co-hosting the Ho-Ho-Ho Read-A-Thon that runs from this Thursday, November 12th at 12 am (your time zone) and ends on Tuesday, November 17 at 11:59 pm (your time zone). I know it's a bit of short notice (the Read-A-Thon starts this Thursday) but I wanted to post this before the start date so you can enter if you wish. Just go and sign up here.

The only stipulation for this Read-A-Thon is that you must read holiday themed or winter setting reads.

This post also serves as my goal post! I don't really read a lot of winter books this time of year, but I thought that it would make a nice change if I tried out at least two or three winter/holiday themed reads. After all, I am one of those people that love almost all things Christmas and that includes holiday films. So why not holiday reads?

Goal: Read 3 holiday/winter themed books during this Read-A-Thon (these are the 3 I grabbed from my library):

Mistletoe Murder by Leslie Meier
Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb
The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore

I don't know if I'll get through all of these, but I do hope so!


Chaotic Goddess Swaps is hosting their yearly 12 Days of Christmas Swap. You are partnered with another blogger and you gift each other twelve individually wrapped items to be opened from Dec. 13-24th. I do this every year and I love it! It's such a fun swap, so you should definitely think about joining in. This is only open to U.S. and Canada though!

Important Dates:
Sign-Ups Start: Monday, November 9th
Sign-Ups End: Monday, November 16th
Partners Assigned by: Wednesday, November 18th
Packages Shipped: by or on Saturday, December 5th

16 comments:

Tracy Terry said...

Liking the sound of the Read-a-Thon but alas I'm saving my festive reading for later in the month and the start of the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge.

I really liked The Stupidest Angel which I read/reviewed a year or so ago.

Looking forward to reading your reviews and of course reading more on this years 12 Days Of Christmas Swap.

Kindlemom said...

Good luck with your goals! I would join again this year but I realized I have practically no winter/holidays reads this year, it is crazy!

Heidi Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I have several holiday reads so I should get them out and read them this weekend. Good luck!

Emma said...

I have to say I'm not one really for winter themed books either, hardly ever in fact. I probably read them in the January knowing me. Ha. Good luck with your goals. :)

Rebecca Harasym said...

What a fun challenge! I am a huge fan of winter themed and based books so I am sure this would be fun! Your choices sound great!

Rebecca
http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/default.cfm

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

Good luck with the Read-A-Thon. I am not good at those but I do want to read some Christmas books this year. The swap sounds like fun!!!

Beth W said...

Best of luck with the Read-A-Thon, and we're so glad you're joining us for this swap again! :D

Midnight Cowgirl said...

The read-a-thon sounds like fun, and I'm so excited about the swap!

The Bibliophile Babe said...

Good luck and have fun!

Joann Downie said...

Hi, I also signed up for the HoHoHoReadathon-my first one, as I am a newbie blogger!!The 12 Days of Christmas Swap sounds like so much fun, but Im not sure I can do it this year, and I don't want to be unfair to anyone, hopefully I can do it next year. I hope you will come visit my post/blog, and am a new follower as I really like your blog!!

Maggie Seagraves said...

Yay for blog swaps! I'm joining in on the 12 Days of Christmas Swap as well and I'm SO excited! Happy swapping! :)

Lindsey said...

Both the read-a-thon and the swap sound super-fun!

Julia Anne said...

Good luck with the read-a-thon! I wish I could join in, but unfortunately, my school duties call. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the books you read. :-)

Peach Print

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

I thought about joining the readathon, but just didn't think it was a good time for me, personally, and I probably wouldn't have done very well with it. I hope you have a fun time though! I do love readathons! :)

Jennifer Humphries said...

I love the idea of a read-a-thon during the Holidays! My children, on the other hand are big buzz kills to my reading during that time. Maybe I can sneak away and at least catch a few books this year..

Adriana Garcia said...

The Stupidest Angel? I'm curious to see where that title came from. I'm also mostly a Christmas movie watcher so good luck reading winter/holiday themed books (: