Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Online Friendships with Kelly from Diva Booknerd

I have been talking about this for awhile now, but for those of you who still have yet to post (and want too), I'm asking bloggers to post their thoughts about online friendships. This is in honor of the novella Another Girl by Allison Burnett, the sequel to Undiscovered Gyrl (which was turned into the film, Ask Me Anything - on Netflix now). If you would like to post about online friendships, please get in touch with me: lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

I reached out to Kelly at Diva Booknerd and she was happy to write up a little something about her new co-blogger. I told her I would post about it here, so go ahead and read what Kelly had to say---

I was always cynical of blogging friendships when I first began blogging. I knew no one back then and had never used social media, so no online friends to speak of either. But blogging has opened me up to a whole new community beyond the realms of blogging and those who I call dear friends.

None more so than my new blogger Kynndra. I met Kynndra while we were coblogging on Sporadic Reads and instantly hit it off. We chat most days and not only share a love of books, but we're so incredibly similar and also share the same sarcastic and jovial sense of humour. Although she's much nicer than I am. I never knew how incredible blogging was until she agreed to join me. It's given me a whole new perspective and I can't wait for us to start this journey together.


Thank you so much to Kelly for sharing her thoughts about online friendship and introducing her new co-blogger, Kynndra! Be sure to check them out at Diva Booknerd! Here are the links to the other bloggers who have already posted about online friendships; be sure to visit their posts and tell them what you think!






10 comments:

Jasprit said...

I really love this post, I'm really grateful for the online friendships that I've been able to make, not only do they understand my passion for reading, but I've been able to meet up with some fantastic people in real life too!

Tracy Terry said...

Really enjoying these posts, it really is so heartwarming to read of those whose lives have been touched by online friendships.

Thank you for the mention.

Erika Sorocco said...

It's amazing how connected you can feel to someone who lives thousands of miles away from you, isn't it? Online friendships really allows you the chance to broaden your horizon and meet new and interesting people. :)

xx

Lisa Mandina said...

I've always wondered about co-bloggers as I've always just blogged on my own. This is definitely an interesting thing to read about! Thanks for sharing all these different answers with us!

Kindlemom said...

Yay for wonderful blogging friends! Great guest post!

Kynndra-jo - said...

Awww, jeez. This is way too much. I've always found the best people through my online endeavours. But I didn't find one my best friends until I started co-blogging. I couldn't be more happy blogging with Kelly - we're like two peas in a pod. But it's really more than blogging to be honest. Whether or not I was blogging today - we'd still be close knit friends. Sharing a blog is just a bonus. Love this post and I hope many other bloggers can find that bond with others, too ^^

Ksenia said...

Yay for the online friendships! Great post!

Claudia Arroyo said...

Kelly is so wonderful! I've had the amazing privilege of getting to know her through blogging too :)

I haven't really established a whole lot of online friendships, I suppose this is because I have only been blogging for less than two years. Even so, I do have a few blogging friends whom I do hold dear to my heart! <3

Joyous Reads said...

Kelly is da bomb diggity. I love this girl. :)

Diva Booknerd said...

Thanks for sharing my words Lauren, feels strange seeing myself on someone elses blog. Eventually I plan on taking them all over.

I love the friendships that blogging brings, not only my little poppet Kynn who I adore but yourself, Claudia and Joy up there before me, even if Joy is using some sort of hipster street slang that no one else can understand :D