Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole Blog Tour

Alicia here, with the blog tour for a book I deeply love. And it's a YA one, for once. Enjoy!



One kiss lasts a moment.
But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.

One boy.
One girl.
A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade.
A bond that neither time nor distance can break.
A bond that will last forever.
Or so they believe.

When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?

Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.

Standalone Young Adult Tearjerker Romance.
For ages 14 and up.

buy the book


my review

Where the heck do I even start off with this review? And without spoiling anything, which is very important...and a little hard to do. So, this review is going to be a little different. 

This was me upon finishing A Thousand Boy Kisses:


I just have a lot of feelings, and most of them have to do with crying. In the need for a book that'll make you cry? Look no farther than this book. I literally spent most of this book crying! But don't let all that crying put you off.

Poppy and Rune are two of my new favorite couples and characters. We start off with them meeting for the first time at five years old, and go from there. We get to watch them become best friends, more, and then watch as two years have passed, and everything is different now that Rune is back after having to leave. Poppy is one of the most genuinely happy, and full of life main characters I've ever read about. I can't remember the last time I read a book, where the mc loved life and everything so much. Rune on the other hand.... he is very different from that boy we first met, and yet, the core of him is still there, even if he can't see it. He went from being a somewhat sullen child, into one that was full of life, until he left. Then he was angry, so very angry and hurt, that it overrode everything... or tried to.

A Thousand Boy Kisses is very much a coming of age book, as much as it is a romance and a tear-jerker, especially for Rune. Rune has a lot of growing to do, Poppy too, but Rune much more so. He's got all of that anger and hurt fueling him, but he also has no thoughts at all regarding his future. Anyways, there's growing. So much of it, and I can't talk about it without spoilers.

The romance is ridiculously swoon-worthy. Seriously. much. I really loved it. I'm a sucker for a good romance, and this book nails it. My heart!

And I will never be able to look at cherry blossoms without wanting to smile and cry. At the same time. 

A Thousand Boy Kisses is going to make you swoon, and weep, and swoon, and weep, and swoon, and weep, and on and on, but you're going to be happy about it. Don't miss this book. 

Overall:  5/5

Cover Comments: Fits sooo well! I have to go weep some more, bye.  

Source: Author

about tillie

Tillie Cole hails from a small town in the North-East of England. She grew up on a farm with her English mother, Scottish father and older sister and a multitude of rescue animals. As soon as she could, Tillie left her rural roots for the bright lights of the big city.

After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA Hons in Religious Studies, Tillie followed her Professional Rugby player husband around the world for a decade, becoming a teacher in between and thoroughly enjoyed teaching High School students Social Studies before putting pen to paper, and finishing her first novel.

Tillie has now settled in Austin, Texas, where she is finally able to sit down and write, throwing herself into fantasy worlds and the fabulous minds of her characters.

Tillie is both an independent and traditionally published author, and writes many genres including: Contemporary Romance, Dark Romance, Young Adult and New Adult novels.

When she is not writing, Tillie enjoys nothing more than curling up on her couch watching movies, drinking far too much coffee, while convincing herself that she really doesn’t need that extra square of chocolate.

follow tillie

blog tour organized by


Joyous Reads said...

I'm a huge fan of love stories that start off like this. When they're kids and I see them grow up, grow apart, and eventually be together. You sold me!

Erika Sorocco said...

This book sounds positively brilliant - I must read it! Also pertinent: I'm basically in love with that whimsical cover!


Kindlemom said...

This so sounds like my kind of read! Wonderful (and fun!) review!

Tanya Atkinson said...

I am sooo excited for this one! I put it on my TBR a month or so back when I saw it mentioned on a blog as a most-anticipated release. And now the reviews I'm seeing, like this one, have me convinced that I need to read it NOW. Any book that make me cry and bruise and batter my fragile heart... I'm there. lol

Brandi Kosiner said...

Sounds emotional and I love the colors of the cover

Claudia Arroyo said...

Oh no, I don't do too well with tearjerkers; they tend to linger longer than they should ha! Regardless, you've really piqued my interest! I may just dive in and take a look into this one ;)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I can tell this one really made you feel. The cover is gorgeous and the story sounds wonderful even if you did cry and cry. Thanks for putting this one on my radar.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

This sounds like one of those books I both run to and away from! LOL I hate to cry but I do love all the feels. Oh man... I think I'll still have to add this one to the wishlist.

The Bibliophile Babe said...

It sounds like a beautiful "all the feels" book!

Kate Midnight Book Girl said...

I'll keep an eye out for this one the next time I need a good book to weep over (I just get in that mood sometimes!). :)

Jasprit said...

This book sounds like exactly something that I would love, I love it when characters come back together and have another go. Also I love my emotional reads! Thank you for putting this book on my radar!

Melliane said...

wow so many different feeling for this one. I didn't know about it so thanks for sharing!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love your review! Now, I need to read this book!

Cleo Bannister said...

Love that this book made you cry so much (and I mean that in a good way) I'm not easily affected by books but once I get going there's no stopping me! Terrific review Lauren.

Christy LoveOfBooks said...

I love books that make me cry, so heck yes I'm going to read this.

Sarah @ One Curvy Blogger said...

This sounds AMAZING! I've been reading a lot of tear-jerkers lately, I definitely need this on my TBR list. :)

Naomi Hop said...

Oh wow! This sounds like an amazing read! Love a book that tugs on your emotions like that... I'll have to look into this one I think!

Kirsty-Marie Jones said...

Well, I'm sold on the swoon and weep and swoon, and weep, so when I need one of those, I'm totally going to read it, but I'm avoiding those right now, haha. Glad you loved it so much!

Nicole Hewitt said...

I've never heard of this book, but you definitely have me convinced I need to read it!!

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction