Friday, April 15, 2016

How to Dress for a Music Fest


If you're interested in attending the Bunbury Music Festival in Cincinnati, Ohio this June, you might be curious to know which acts will be performing on which days. Just take a look at the photo above and you'll get all your answers! No, you aren't given the exact time they are performing, but this will help you decide which day you want a ticket for, if you aren't aiming for the whole weekend!

Anyway, today I also wanted to talk about the perfect looks for summer festivals. I like attending Bunbury and other local music fests, but I also like local school festivals and other events that take place during the summer months. It might be hot out and you might be rocking to some music, but that doesn't mean you can't be cute and comfortable! I tend to go for shorts and a t-shirt for Bunbury so I don't overheat too much, but let's see what other options are out there-


Sometimes a little less is more when attending a music festival, especially if you know it's going to be crazy hot! I love this "I Want To Live in a Music Festival Forever" tank top from Etsy shop Flowfox Designs. You can choose from a variety of colors and sizes, so something for everyone. I featured the red color on here, but again, you have options, which I love, because so many cute shirts are dark colors and that's not the best for being out in the sun all day because it will trap the heat.


When I go to a music festival, I tend to wear a t-shirt or something with short sleeves and I like to go for a white or a really light color. I love this Minnie Mouse Floral Football Tee from Torrid for those reasons. Plus, it just looks really comfy and wearing something pop culture related to a music fest can be a lot of fun. The idea is that you don't wear a shirt with the band you're seeing, but music fests make that harder since you're seeing so many acts! If you want to follow that rule, though, go with something pop culture related instead!


If you're going to a music festival, you want to be just as comfortable on top as you are on the bottom. Not to be too gross, but if you sweat a lot, you probably won't want to wear a dress or a skirt. It would be better to go with shorts or capris even to keep yourself a bit more covered and make the sweat a little less noticeable. I'm not sure I could pull off these above shorts, but if you can, they would make a great addition to your music festival outfit as they are Black and White Music Note Shorts from Hot Topic.

Now that you have a basic idea of what to wear, let's focus on the extra additions that you might wear or bring with you!


Keeping yourself hydrated is the number one priority if you are doing anything outside during the summer. That's why I love this Hydration Pack from Etsy shop Steezy Pack. You can choose from a few designs and they are created to carry up to two water bottles up to 30 fl oz. Sure it's a bit like a fanny pack, but those are making a more stylish comeback, so why not grab one of these to help carry your water as well as your keys, phone, and other little items?


Temporary tattoos are becoming a huge hit with adults these days, with new and cool designs. Nowhere better to rock these tattoos, especially the metallic kind shown above, than at a summer music festival. You can get the tattoos above at Etsy shop Shimmer Tatts. Just search Etsy for all sorts of designs and colors though!

My final notes would be to make sure you have something to carry your money, phone, or other items if you need to bring them. Think about a cute fanny pack, a small cross-body purse, or even a light-weight backpack. Don't put too much in it though or it'll start to weigh you down as the day goes on! Think about bringing a water bottle too! I know Bunbury Music Festival allows you to bring one and there are water stations to fill up throughout the day. Otherwise, you'll be stuck buying a lot of water as the day goes on! Obviously these 'fashion' tips are for girls, but I feel like the same basic ideas apply for all those guys out there too!

Any outdoor summer plans you can wear these items for?--- let me know!

-Lauren

13 comments:

Christy LoveOfBooks said...

Great tips! I definitely go for comfort when it comes to event like that. Especially since it's in the 100's here during the summer.

Diva Booknerd said...

Cool comfort especially in summer is a must. Even teaming your outfit with a funky fedora to keep the sun off your face too. Love those shimmering tattoos, super cute Lauren! <3

Erika Sorocco said...

I totally subscribe to the Kate Moss Festival Look - wellingtons {perfect for the mud} paired with cutoff denim shorts and a tank!

xx

The Nerdy Me said...

For festivals, I would definitely go for comfort and clothes that I won't be sweating in. I like the items you have chosen :)


-Leta | The Nerdy Me

cleemckenzie said...

Temporary tattoos I could do. They're fun and. . . temporary.

Claudia Arroyo said...

What a fun post Lauren! I've never been to a music festival, but I've recently been itching to see the Dixie Chicks in concert, these are great tips! I especially like the temporary tattoos :D

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Don't forget to lather yourself up with sunscreen as well. We have lots of fun music festivals here in Portland, one of these years I will go when my kids are older. Have fun.

Kindlemom said...

Definitely dress for comfort and lots of water is needed. ;)

Joyous Reads said...

Oh gosh. I'm way too old for music festivals. Hydrate! Hydrate. Don't forget to hydrate.

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

What a fun post!!! I don't normally do music festivals because big crowds like that and me don't mix really. But I think comfort (but cute) has to be number one priority!!

Jennifer Humphries said...

I love musical festivals. They are so much fun and definitely better when you are comfortable! I like those temporary tattoos. I have been wanting to try something like that for a while.

Lexxie Lin said...

As long as I have comfortable shoes, and have layered clothing I'm usually good! I love tank-tops; partly to show off one of my tattoos ;)
Great tips, Lauren.

Tanya Atkinson said...

Great tips, Lauren! I don't tolerate the heat well (at all) so being out in it all day isn't an option for me. But the music festival looks like so much fun!