Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Bunbury Music Festival: Part 2

Elle King
I'm back to continue talking about the Bunbury Music Festival in Cincinnati, Ohio. Besides the X Ambassadors, I was really excited to see Elle King perform. I didn't realize, but I guess she grew up in Ohio, so she had family on the side of the stage. How fun! She was great live. I loved the little stories she would share about various songs in-between singing them. It's always nice to hear a bit from the musician during a live show.

I mentioned this in my last post, but it's important to find colder things to eat or drink when it's so hot out - at least for me! I don't like cheesecake, but my sister does, so she tried a chocolate dipped cheesicle from Mickey's Cheesicles.

The photo above is my sister showing off her cheesicle! She doesn't eat a ton of sweets, so while she really enjoyed this, she couldn't actually finish it. Too sweet for her! I don't think most people would have a problem with that though.

The last few years, a friend of mine has been working the Arnar Limited Clothing booth. My sister got a cute t-shirt last year. We didn't buy anything this year, but I wanted to share some of the fun non-food related booths. Since you're there all day, it's nice that Bunbury offers a chance to do a little shopping or even just some browsing between sets!

Another clothing booth was Cincy Shirts where you can buy some fun shirts to show off your love of the city! Or, if you aren't from Cincy, you can get a nice souvenir while attending the festival. Win/Win, right?

A couple of the other booths that were at Bunbury sold a variety of different jewelry, so I wanted to make sure I got a a picture of some of what they offered.

Above, you have lynne and lucille and you can check them out online here.

While I didn't purchase anything, I do love the look of leather jewelry! I actually have a wrap bracelet made of leather, so these are cool products!

Another booth that sold some fun jewelry was Flocktails, who I believe have been at Bunbury since the beginning! I feel like I remember seeing their booth. 

At any rate, you can check them out here and see if you like anything!


The main band on Friday night was The Killers and I remember their first album coming out, so it was great being able to see them live. There were a lot of fireworks going off because the Cincinnati Reds play right behind where the show was located, but it didn't really deter from the show. In fact, it was kind of fun when the fireworks punctuated the songs. The Killers' front-man, Brandon Flowers, even joked "We like to bring a bit of Vegas wherever we go."

There are a lot of great things about Bunbury so I do recommend people think about going next year if you live anywhere near the city. I'm going to do another post sometime soon that notes some of the cool features that Bunbury has at their festival!

I included some other photos and even a couple videos on my Instagram page, if you want to scroll through and find those! 

Any questions? 


Christy LoveOfBooks said...

How fun!! And those musicians/bands ... I love all of them. I would've so went to this too.

Joyous Reads said...

How I wish I could go! I've never been to any music fest like ever.

Erika Sorocco said...

That Cheesesicle looks so incredibly good - and I don't like cheesecake or chocolate! :P


Jennifer Humphries said...

Oh how fun! I am on board with your sister's choice in a chocolate cheesesicle. That looks delicious!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Looks like a fun time! I love cheesecake, so the cheesicle sounds amazing :)

The Bibliophile Babe said...

That looks so fun!

Medeia Sharif said...

Cool clothing and that chocolate looks amazing. I always enjoy your festival pics.

Karen Alderman said...

Looks like loads of fun!

We saw X-Ambassadors and they were amazing. And Elle King is coming here soon. I'm excited because she was supposed to open for Vance Joy but cancelled.

Karen @For What It's Worth

Cascia Talbert said...

I love live music. It looks like you had a lot of fun at the music festival.